Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Urmomma
Reel Rookie

"speak" isn't working on home wired cameras

Just picked up a duel set of home cameras today from WalMart. Everything seems to work fine EXCEPT the "speak" function. Siren works. I uninstalled then reinstalled app. That wasn't it. Disconnected reconnected both cameras. That wasn't it either. And, yes, I did make sure to check that the app had permissions.  

Nothing. 

Samung Android phone. 

What's going on here?

I do need this to be able to talk to my dog who goes on anxiety driven barking bouts that probably annoy the neighbors. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: "speak" isn't working on home wired cameras

Hi @Urmomma,

From the Roku Community, welcome and thanks for raising this concern directly to us!

We'll be delighted to assist you even more with this issue that you had with the Roku cameras since the two-way audio is not working. The Roku Smart Home app requires permission to send and receive audio in order to use the two-way audio feature. Refer to the Apple or Google support websites for assistance enabling permissions on your mobile device.

You may also want to check out this support article here on how to use two-way audio to speak to visitors with your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell.

Please let us know if there's anything else that we can do to assist you.

Regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Urmomma
Reel Rookie

Re: "speak" isn't working on home wired cameras

Are you getting paid for these answers?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.