Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CareenaD

Re: Indoor cameras 360 moving on its own

Jump to solution

I was watching tv one night and heard a strange noise, I turned to my left and saw my Roku camera panning the room and once it pointed at me it quickly went back to its original position. I freaked out, turned it off and faced it towards the wall. Days later it had turned away from the wall. I felt as if someone had hacked my camera and was watching me so I unplugged it and haven’t used it since.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku camera moving on its own

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We would like to express our gratitude for your reports regarding the issue. We would like to inform you that we believe the problem has been resolved. We kindly request you to try again and see if you are still experiencing the same behavior.

If the issue persists, please keep us informed by posting on this thread.

Cheers,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We believe this issue has been resolved for most users, if not all of them, thus in the interest of maintaining order, we will close this discussion now.

If you are still experiencing this issue, go ahead and start a new thread, and shoot me a PM.

This discussion will be closed and this post will be marked as solved. We appreciate your patience, and we also thank everyone who reported this.

Happy Streaming! 

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
95 REPLIES 95

Jump to solution

I haven't indoor cameras 360 and I've noticed at the corner of my eye while I'm watching TV I see it moving on its own when it shouldn't be is that somebody hacking my camera or is it malfunctioning

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Lynchroyce4 

Warmest of welcomes.

Thanks for inquiring about support here in the Roku Community, and we'd be more than glad to assist. From here, we recommend following this step to restart your Roku Indoor Camera.

Use the following steps to restart your Roku Indoor Camera SE, Roku Indoor Camera 360 SE, or Roku Outdoor Wired Camera SE.

1. Unplug the USB cable from the back of your camera
  2. Wait 10 seconds
  3. Plug the USB cable back into the power input port on your camera

After performing these steps, kindly check if you're still experiencing the same issue.

Please let us know.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PNWUser24
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This same exact thing is happening to me and it's concerning. Yesterday I heard it move 4 times while I was in the room. Such a disconcerting feeling to see the camera move even though it's not even on, only plugged in.

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CareenaD @PNWUser24,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your time posting and inquiring about your Roku Smart Home camera that is moving on its own. Motion tracking is only available on the Roku Indoor Camera 360 SE. This feature enables your camera to detect and track motion, making it a great option for monitoring pets or children in a large room. Whenever motion is detected, your camera will move to keep the object within the camera's field of view. Once the object is out of view or after 15 seconds of inactivity, the camera will return to its initial position or continue the pan-scan if one is in progress. If multiple objects are moving at the same time, your camera will follow the largest moving object. Motion tracking works together with your camera's motion detection zone. Everything outside of the motion detection zone is ignored and will not trigger motion tracking.

You can turn on or off motion tracking in the Roku Smart Home app.

1. Tap Home from the navigation bar.
  2. Select your camera.
  3. Tap More.
  4. Toggle or untoggle motion tracking.

The motion tracking icon is purple when it is on and gray when it is off. To learn more, check out this support article on how to adjust motion detection settings on your Roku Smart Home Camera.

Let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                          Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PNWUser24
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi Eunice-

Thanks for that info but my camera is not even on, nor is motion tracking enabled. So, can you explain why it is moving on it's own? Thanks.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @PNWUser24,

From the Roku Community, welcome and thanks for keeping us posted!

We'd love to assist you further with this concern that you have with the Roku camera, but we will need to gather more details. What Roku camera are you using right now? (Roku indoor camera, Roku outdoor camera, Roku doorbell camera, Roku floodlight camera) Have you tried unplugging it to make sure it is not powered on? There are some instances where it was on when it was plugged in.

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PNWUser24
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi John. It's a Roku indoor camera. If I have to unplug it, may I ask what the purpose of purchasing it was? Surely, I cannot be expected to have to plug it in each and every time that I leave my house in order to see what is going on with my pets, etc. The app tells me that my camera is off, as does the fact that there is no light on the camera (blue or red) which appeared previously when I had the camera turned on.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @PNWUser24,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We'd like to ask for additional information about this concern that you have with the Roku indoor camera. Do you know if you currently have any rules set on your Roku Smart Home mobile app? In addition, do other users have access to your Roku Smart Home Camera or your Roku account?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                  John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PNWUser24
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi John. I do not have any rules set up for the camera through the app and I am the only one with access to the camera or the Roku account.