Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku camera moving on its own

Jump to solution

Hi @PNWUser24,

Thank you for the additional information!

We will be more than happy to assist you even more. Have you tried restarting your Roku camera from your Roku smart home app by going to the gear icon, which is the settings, and selecting restart device?

Let us know how it works.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                        John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PNWUser24
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

John, I have just restarted the device so I will keep you posted on how it behaves over the next few days.

0 Kudos
PNWUser24
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Well, the camera just moved, so that didn’t resolve the issue unfortunately. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for the update, @PNWUser24!

Could you send us a video clip of your running concern on your Roku indoor camera?

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                  John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PNWUser24
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I will do my best. Each time it moves, it only moves for around 10 seconds and then stops, so it's challenging to grab my phone and get the video app started in that time frame, but I'll sure try.

Jump to solution

Mine does the same thing! At least once a day

auto5120
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes I have notice my Roku 360 camera is moving on its own when off for a couple of seconds then stops. Also, thinking Roku is always recorded and listening when camera is off. 🤔 Seems like Roku will not be truthful about this issue with the camera.

PNWUser24
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

John, I was able to finally get a video. Where can I send it?

PNWUser24
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

And in the 7 hours that I have been awake and in the same room with my camera, it has moved 5 times that I am aware of! This seems crazy!

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @BriannaCBrooks @auto5120!

It is highly appreciated that you have reached out to us for support about your Roku Indoor Camera 360 moving even when it is turned off. No worries! We're here to be of assistance.

If you want to fully disable your Roku Indoor Camera 360, kindly unplug it from a power source because it will still perform even if you turn it off on the Smart Home app. 

We hope this clears everything out. If you have further clarification and are in need of any assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know as we'd be more than happy to continue doing so.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos