Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications for Roku 360

my Roku 360 does not send me any notifications when it detects any movement/motion. All the setting on my phone and app do allow notifications and it’s all turned on but still it doesn’t send any notifications. Any idea what I can do to fix this issue?

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Notifications for Roku 360

Hello! @Aedwards1287,

Thank you for bringing this to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having an issue with your Roku Camera 360. We're sure we will get your issue resolved positively.

Your Roku Home Monitoring System SE can send notifications to your smartphone or tablet with important messages about the status of your home. These notifications tell you if an alarm is triggered or a sensor is left open. You can choose which sensors are active in different home monitoring modes and create a monitoring schedule with home monitoring rules to change methods automatically.

Use the following instructions to change your sensor notification settings in the mobile app:

1. Tap Account in the navigation bar.
  2. Tap Notifications
  3. Tap Push Notifications.
  4. Tap or move the slider to toggle push notifications on and off.

When the slider is purple, the notification is active.

If you want to change the notification settings for a specific sensor, select the sensor on the Push notifications screen and toggle the individual notification settings.

Use the following instructions to change your alarm response notification settings in the mobile app:

1. Tap Monitoring from the navigation bar.
  2. Tap Home monitoring settings.
  3. Tap Home & Away.
  4. Tap the alarm response.
  5. Choose your notification setting.

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
faithdewitt
Reel Rookie

I have this same issue and have all notifications turned on in every possible place including the app, the individual cam settings, and in my phone settings. Everything worked perfectly until my free subscription ended. I purchased a year subscription and now do not get notifications from my outdoor camera and it is having issues with recording events. I have tried rebooting the cam, I deleted it from my app and reset it with holding down the set up button and reading it to the app. After I deleted and reset the cam did start recording again but I still don't get notifications. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @faithdewitt,

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're happy to help you with your problem about not receiving notifications on your Roku Smart Home app. Please try these troubleshooting steps below:

1. Verify the camera firmware and the Roku Smart Home app are updated.
  2. In the settings, make sure notifications are turned on.
  3. Confirm Push notifications are on.
  4. Confirm that the Roku Smart Home app is allowed to send notifications to their device. You will have to check your Apple or Android app permissions.
  5. Confirm that detects motion and detects sound is turned on in the Events Recording setting.
  6. Verify that there are no event recording schedules.
  7. Turn the detection sensitivity to 100.
  8. Check if there aren’t any scheduled rules that might affect notifications.
  9. Factory reset the Roku camera.
  10. Verify if other devices can access the internet using the same WiFi.
  11. Check the signal strength. If it is below 3 bars, try moving the camera closer to the router and trying to restart the modem and router.
  12. Power cycle the Roku camera.
  13. Sign out of the Roku Smart Home app and sign back in.

If all else fails, please try to uninstall and reinstall the Roku Smart Home app.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
faithdewitt
Reel Rookie

I tried all of these but only get sound notifications. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @faithdewitt!

We'll have reinforcement from our Support team for further assistance. Please keep an eye on your email as they will be reaching out to you there. 

Just get back and let us know how things turn out.

Thanks,

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
faithdewitt
Reel Rookie

I got the email saying someone was going to reach out to me but then received another email saying my issue was resolved. The issue has not been resolved though. I still only get sound notifications and I noticed if I don't have it on to record all motions, so only smart detections, it doesn't record at all. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @faithdewitt,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

Please be advised that you may need to continue getting in touch with them to assist you further regarding your Roku indoor camera 360 SE.

If you need anything else, please keep us posted.

Regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I need help  with my Roku 360 

I have it set to record when motion detected and it’s not working and neither is the notification detection.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @Destiny2000!

Rest assured that we will provide you with an accurate resolution once we can gather more information from you.

May we first know if you have a subscription to the Roku Smart Home app? In addition, is this the first time you have set up the device? 

Kindly try to check the notification setting directly on your mobile phone to see if it is enabled. 

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.