Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No video of motion detection

Same issue.  On the trial I got videos.  Then I bought the subscription and no more videos,  just still shots. I restarted, still no videos.  I need a refund or free month subscription IF it can work right.  

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you for joining us here at the Roku Community, @Heartscontent!

Thanks for raising your concern with us. No worries; we're here to find you the best resolution possible. We suggest trying to sign out of your account on the Roku Smart Home mobile app, wait for about 20 seconds, and re-log into your account. Furthermore, if the issue still occurs, kindly refer to @RokuEuniceL's troubleshooting process. 

We're eager to know how it goes, so kindly keep us posted. We'd be more than willing to further help you with this as your convenience and satisfaction are what we aim for. 

Sincerely,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LSUgrad
Reel Rookie

Alerts not being sent from outdoor camera to iPhone

I cannot get alerts/notifications from my outdoor cameral to my iPhone or Roku TV. I have reinstalled the camera and base station several times with no luck. I deleted and reinstalled the Smart Home app. Still no alerts. All the settings are right. Firmware is up to date. Is there anything else I can do? Is the product defective? Thank you! 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Alerts not being sent from outdoor camera to iPhone

We appreciate you for joining us here at the Roku Community, @LSUgrad!

No worries; we're here to find you the best resolution possible. Firstly, please be aware that your Roku TV cannot and will not get alerts/notifications from your outdoor Roku Smart Home camera, as we have a separate platform for this, which is our Roku Smart Home mobile app. 

Furthermore, have you tried to check the signal strength of your network connection? It may be a factor that you can't get alerts/notifications because of a poor connection. Also, please double-check if the notification has been enabled through the app and through the Settings of your mobile phone. 

We'll be looking forward to your response as we are committed to finding a resolution to your concern. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LSUgrad
Reel Rookie

Yes, the notifications have always been enabled on both the app and phone but still no alerts. The wifi signal shows 2 out of 3 bars. The camera is approximately 15 feet from the wifi modem/router. I've also restarted the wifi modem/router and started over with the process several times, but no luck. I even have a wifi extender outside about 12 feet from the camera. I love the HD quality of the camera, but it does me no good if I cannot get alerts to movement. Any other suggestions? 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LSUgrad,

We have passed along your case to our Support team for further assistance. Please keep an eye on your email address, as they will reach you from there.

If there's anything else that we can do to further assist you, just get back here and let us know.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bpadgett98

I currently have a subscription but none of my TVs show video anymore. It just says this

video is currently unavailable. It was working on all TVs then just quit. I have reset and even re installed to no avail. It works on my I phone and all TVs show camera turned on in the system

but still no video. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bpadgett98,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us regarding the problem with your events recording on camera when accessing them on your TV. Please let us know when this issue started and what troubleshooting steps you have taken. 

With more detailed information, we can provide you with the appropriate next step.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CN22285
Reel Rookie

Camera did not record any movement all night. Last recorded movement was at 10:50pm. When I checked log in the morning there was nothing after that point. Even though people walked by camera. It didn’t start recording/logging movement again until I opened the camera and kept it live for a minute. Let’s hope nothing happened overnight that I’d need proof of. My neighborhood is sketchy…

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CN22285,

Thanks for posting regarding your Roku Smart Home device in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused. That's not what we aim for.

We recommend rebooting your Roku Smart Home device and seeing if the issue persists.

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.