Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fox259
Reel Rookie

No video of motion detection

At first I was getting video notifications when my indoor SE camera detected motion, a lot of them.  Now I get a notification but there is no video in the events.  It says no recordings go to camera settings.  I cant find a way to change it.  I have the monthly subscription but no SD card installed.  Why did it stop recording?

49 REPLIES 49
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No video of motion detection

Greetings @fox259 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your Roku Smart Home Indoor Camera.

We would recommend rebooting your Roku Smart Home device and seeing if the issue persists.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cedeslane

Mine is doing the same thing and I rebooted it and it still just takes pictures instead of a videoing now 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @Cedeslane 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding what you are experiencing with your Roku Smart Home Camera.

Do you currently have a subscription for your Roku Smart Home Camera? Please be aware that without a Roku Smart Home subscription, your Roku Smart Home device will only take pictures and not videos.

For more information about what is included with a Roku Smart Home subscription, visit our Support page here: Roku Smart Home Subscription

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CatCat2
Streaming Star

I am using the same issue with all 3 cameras, but it seems to be intermittent.  Sometimes I get a playback of the recording and other times I just get a still image.

fox259
Reel Rookie

Mine does this intermittently also.  I have found that if I restart the camera or turn my phone off and back on it will resume video.

CatCat2
Streaming Star

I will try to restart all 3 cameras and see if that doesn't help.  If not, I will try restarting my phone.  If that doesn't work..lol  I guess I will need to see if those ID logs I sent will help them determine what is going on.

DeeRichie

Same here - - still on trial subscription. One cam gives me pretty consistent video on motion trigger. The other is hit and miss, especially at night:  Though it indicates a motion trigger and recording of 13 or 14 seconds, it will not play back video, only one sill frame.

I noticed tonight the firmware reports (in error) that both have current firmware. Surely not, as there is a different firmware listed for each camera. Can't update either, as the message says, in error, that both are up to date. 

Screenshot_20230507_201348_Smart Home.jpg

Would love to get this fixed. This will be all or nothing:  I like the Roku cams, and willing to upgrade subscription and switch out my other cams to Roku, but not if it proves this intermittent. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @DeeRichie 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Smart Home device. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please be aware that we are currently investigating this issue and once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Rose2160

Mine is doing the same thing one works really good but the other one just shows a photo thumbnail . I have subscriptions for both cameras. I’ve had this issue since I’ve bought my second camera I’ve rebooted it deleted the device added it again logged out of my Roku and etc still nothing.