Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No video of motion detection

Jump to solution

Hi @Rose2160.

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention about your issue with the Roku Smart Home device. Rest assured, we already escalated your issue towards our Support Team and they will assist you further with this.

All the best,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with my Roku 360. It will detect motion and take a photo but no video which is what I need. It will play live video. I have done every troubleshooting step and nothing will change. I also have a micro SD card installed. I really need this problem fixed. I bought this camera because of concerns for my safety and accountability from others at work. Roku please figure this out.

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi! @Christina2386,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

Roku Cameras and Roku Doorbells are already packed with features to make home monitoring a breeze; a sRoku Smart Home subscription gives you even more. Get automatic motion and sound recording, cloud storage to view recordings for up to 14 days, and intelligent detection that identifies people, packages, pets, and cars and only gives you the notifications you want. Without a service plan or trial, Roku Smart Home cameras alert the customer via push notifications about motion and sound that were detected but do not record the event.

To subscribe to a smart home subscription, check this out: Roku Smart Home Subscription.

Please keep us posted on what you find out and will be more than happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wolf1259

Jump to solution

I have the same problem that started today. I bought the wired indoor camera SE i believe? I’d have to look at the box again for the model. But I bought the camera for my sleep walking. It recorded motion events while I slept during my free trial. But now that I’ve added my subscription and finally gotten to installing my doorbell camera, my indoor camera has stopped recording motion events in general, I don’t even get a photo. It will still give me a video for a sound recording, but not the motion. I’ve seen others post that this has happened to them once they add a second camera. I see a lot of these comments about this are from May 2023, almost three months ago. I’m posting this the end of July 2023 so I’m curious as to why this issue isn’t fixed if so many other people have this issue and it’s been three months with clearly no improvement. I haven’t tried it yet but I’ve also see people post that they’ve unplugged/plugged back in their camera, as well as deleting and reading the camera and they still have the same result. I was originally going to buy the RING cameras but I didn’t want to wait for them to be shipped and my local Walmart did not carry the RING cameras so I went with the ROKU cameras because they were much cheaper and less outrageously priced than all the google nest cameras. I mean maybe it’s because it’s a cheap camera. But during my free trial I had no issues. It seems weird to me that as soon as I decide to start paying to the subscription when my trial ran out that I start having issues. I would greatly appreciate this being fixed quickly because I need the motion recordings in order to show my doctor my documented sleep walking habit in order to start a corrective action for it as I know some people who sleep walk can leave their home or even drive their vehicle while sleep walking. Thankfully I believe I’ve never done that, but this has been a decade long problem for me that I have recently finally been able to confirm with the help of your cameras and sleep walking can be dangerous. Please fix this issue ROKU. Or I will be buying the RING cameras in the mean time. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Wolf1259,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having problems with your Roku cameras not recording motion events. We're happy to help. Please follow these steps:

1. Ensure that the Roku Smart Home app and camera firmware are up to date.
  2. Ensure that detects motion and detects sound are turned on in the Events Recording setting.
  3. Check if there are no event recording schedules.
  4. Turn the detection sensitivity to 100.
  5. Check to see if there are any scheduled Rules that might affect when Event Recordings take place.
  6. Restart the modem and router, and ensure that the camera is connected to the network and receiving enough connection.
  7. Restart Camera.
  8. Restart the Roku Smart Home App.

Let us know if this works.

All the best,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CN22285
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue. Just got the subscription and my cameras aren’t picking up movement, isn’t recording activity, and won’t play some videos. I’ve rebooted both cameras several times and the problem continues 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CN22285,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we would be more than glad to assist you with this. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided by @RokuEuniceL? If not, we recommend performing it. Those are the common fixes to issues like the one you've experienced.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Erinvickers1116
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Our doorbell camera does the same thing. Big error comes across and there’s just a blurry picture and no video. 

Jump to solution

I’m getting motion detection notifications with seconds attached, but when I click on it there is no video. It’s giving me something video not uploaded to cloud. It’s very intermittent. Could it be my WIFI connection?

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Erinvickers1116,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your Roku doorbell camera. We will be glad to help. Do you have event recording enabled for your Roku Smart Home device? Could you provide us with a photo or video of your running issue? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.