Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sant45

Re: Interference Noise in Cameras

Jump to solution

Yes i have this happening now as if maybe the roku tv is playing a channel and i can hear this channel faintly on my camera even when the tv is off it plays the channel i last had it on. You can hear faintly but know its not just ambient noise. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @Sant45 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Smart Home device.

Please see my previous post above and can you please provide what we have requested? 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Katyr

Jump to solution

It definitely defeats the purpose of sound monitoring. I really need that up where I live. Do I guess I have get a different system ,I hope I have no trouble returning this camera.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Katyr,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out, and we'd like to know more about this.

To better understand, could you please provide us more specifics? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this behavior?

If possible, could you please provide us with a video on the issue you're seeing so that we can have a look?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to see and further investigate this.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sammiee

Jump to solution

Just wondering what the sound sounds like? I’m having the same problem with mine.. curious if it’s the same sound as yours or I’m just loosing my mind 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community, @Sammiee!

We appreciate you for sharing your concern with us. No worries. We're here to find you the best resolution possible. 

It would be very helpful if you could send us a video of the interference noise you are referring to so that we may be able to assess the situation better. In addition, is this from a live event or the recordings of it? What Roku smart home camera are we talking about here? 

The best course of action will be suggested once we can gather more information and have a better understanding of the situation. We'll be anticipating your response!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
liljr79

Jump to solution

I’ve had this issue since day one. I’ve read these post and still have not seen any kind of a solution. What gives?

LincksUp

Jump to solution

So everyone is having the same problem with there being a lot of noise on the cameras at all times, and you’re saying Roku designed them to be this way and considers it normal? Wow……

there’s so much static and sounding like people are talking that I can’t hear anything else on the camera at all. If I stood right infront of it and had a convo with someone all you hear on the recording is static. 
Since I know y’all consider that normal and have no desire to remedy it I will for sure be taking all of mine back now. 

0 Kudos
DeeRichie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I believe I've got the same issue.  But it's not voices.  It's similar to the "click" when you first plug the camera in (or power-cycle the thing, as they go off-line frequently).   Mine is almost like the "click" is repeating so fast, it's turning into a frequency.  It's a squeal that I can hear coming out of the camera, from across the back yard.
This is NOT "feedback" -- that is, this sound is NOT the microphone turned-on, sending audio through the speaker, which is looping back through the mic, creating a feedback loop.
This is... almost like the power is turning off- and on- many times per second, until the "click" of power turning on is swishing into a screech sound.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @DeeRichie,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your post here in the Roku Community.

Thank you for contacting us regarding the static noise issue with your Roku Camera. We are glad to help.

Troubleshooting:

1. Make sure the Roku Smart Home app and camera firmware are up to date.
  2. Check the signal strength.
    • If it is below 3 bars, suggest moving the camera closer to the router.
  3. Power cycle the camera.
  4. Factory reset and set it up as a new device.
  5. If the problem continues restart your router and check the signal strength. If it is below 3 bars, suggest moving the camera closer to the router.

Please keep us updated on your findings, and we will gladly continue to assist you. We are eager to hear back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.