Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brad777
Channel Surfer

Indoor Camera says offline but still streams on my app?

Jump to solution

My Roku Indoor Camera says it's offline on the app but when I click it it shows a live working feed.. I have an android device and when I was setting it up the camera wouldn't even scan the QR code (to connect the camera) no matter what angle I used. So I used my mother's iPhone and it read the QR code just fine and the feed seems to work just fine on her app and doesn't say offline.. but it does say offline on my Android phone.. but it's streaming just fine on my Android phone when I tap the feed.

The issue seems to just be with my Samsung phone.. 

Anyone had similar issues? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Indoor Camera says offline but still streams on my app?

Jump to solution

Hello! @Brad777,

Thank you for sharing your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your reaching out to us regarding your Roku Indoor Camera showing offline. We are pleased to assist.

Troubleshooting:

• Please confirm that your Roku Smart Home app and Roku Indoor Camera firmware are up to date.
  • Power cycle your camera. Unplug the USB cable from the back of your camera, wait for 10 seconds, then plug the USB cable back into the power input port on your camera.
  • Check back on the home page after about 10 minutes

Please keep us updated on your findings and we will be glad to assist you further. We look forward to your response.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Indoor Camera says offline but still streams on my app?

Jump to solution

Hello! @Brad777,

Thank you for sharing your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your reaching out to us regarding your Roku Indoor Camera showing offline. We are pleased to assist.

Troubleshooting:

• Please confirm that your Roku Smart Home app and Roku Indoor Camera firmware are up to date.
  • Power cycle your camera. Unplug the USB cable from the back of your camera, wait for 10 seconds, then plug the USB cable back into the power input port on your camera.
  • Check back on the home page after about 10 minutes

Please keep us updated on your findings and we will be glad to assist you further. We look forward to your response.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.