Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LHUFF1
Channel Surfer

ERROR CODE 20004-Wire-free doorbell will not connect

Jump to solution

I have this same issue, have tried everything that has been offered.  My wireless connection is 3 bars on my doorbell, back door camera works fine.  2.4 ghz  router.  I think error code 20004 is a death code, seems like they should last longer than a month or so.  I wouldn't recommend ever buying one of these.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ERROR CODE 20004-Wire-free doorbell will not connect

Jump to solution

Hi @LHUFF1,

We appreciate your cooperation regarding this issue!
For us to proceed with the appropriate action to resolve this, could you please send us a private message with your current shipping address and phone number?
To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
  5. Note: Depending on your role in the community, you might be able to send a message to a group of users based on their role or rank in the community. If so, you can choose a role or a rank.
  6. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  7. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  8. Click Send Message.
  9. You can look for the messages you've sent in the Sent tab.

To learn more about how to send a private message, click this community link: Help: Roku Community
We'll be anticipating it!

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Trhutchins01,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you are also having issues with the error code 20004 on your Roku Wire-free Video Doorbell and Chime SE, and we appreciate your posting about this. We would be delighted to help you further.

Please follow the steps below to see if it fixes the issue:

1. Ensure that the Roku Smart Home app and Doorbell camera's firmware are up-to-date.
  2. Restart the Roku wire-free video doorbell and Chime SE.
  3. Sign out and sign back in from the Roku Smart Home app.
  4. Uninstall and re-install the Roku Smart Home app.

If the issue persists, factory reset the Roku wire-free video doorbell and Chime SE, delete it from the Roku Smart Home app, and set it up again. You can also restart your network router and ensure that your Roku wire-free video doorbell and Chime SE are not very far from the connection.

Please don't hesitate to inform us of this step's outcome.

Sincerely,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LHUFF1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're having with the wire-free doorbell camera. Could you provide us with the device ID of your Roku camera?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LHUFF1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi John. My device info:   device id# SOS 7036E3NG5.    Model DB 1000X.  SND6236E00BA.   The device worked so well for about a month. Then just quit.   It connects to the chime just fine. But not to the internet.  Have tried everything over and over again.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LHUFF1,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
We'd like to investigate further this issue that you're experiencing. Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LHUFF1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I replied to the email I received. Hopefully you received it.  I do have a new modem and router from my provider.  The router is 2.4 ghz,  the doorbell excepted it fine for a couple of weeks then quit,

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LHUFF1,

Thank you for the additional information!

We would appreciate further information about this problem you are experiencing. Could you provide more details about the troubleshooting steps you have already taken? Are you getting this error code on your Roku mobile app?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LHUFF1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You name it, we have tried it.  Resetting, deleting and reinstalling, turning the modem and router off, and turning them both back on. Not to mention starting from scratch.  It worked just fine and just quit, so I am sure it is faulty.  We had some harsh cold and windy weather, maybe that did something to the doorbell.  I am trying it again today (reinstalling everything but I know it is useless) the good news is I was able to switch my subscription to the back door camera, which works flawlessly.

0 Kudos
LHUFF1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, I am getting this error code on my mobile device and on the roku tv.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LHUFF1,

We appreciate your cooperation regarding this issue!
For us to proceed with the appropriate action to resolve this, could you please send us a private message with your current shipping address and phone number?
To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
  5. Note: Depending on your role in the community, you might be able to send a message to a group of users based on their role or rank in the community. If so, you can choose a role or a rank.
  6. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  7. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  8. Click Send Message.
  9. You can look for the messages you've sent in the Sent tab.

To learn more about how to send a private message, click this community link: Help: Roku Community
We'll be anticipating it!

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm having same issue as LHuff1. Error 20004 for doorbell. I have not changed anything & had this almost a yr with no issues. Ive unplugged it, restarted my router/modem. I have not reset yet, was hoping a way around that. Please advise how to help.

Thanks

0 Kudos