Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Urmomma
Channel Surfer

Re: Indoor camera not recording

My cameras used to record events then my app got jammed up, wasn't showing ANYTHING. Couldn't restart devices or remove them from the app. Finally had to remove the app then reinstall. They recorded events for an hour than stopped. It's been two days. My cameras are picking up movement but it's not recording. And, No, I'm not retarded. I have everything set correctly and my subscription is good. 

When you ask for this below, I can't find "gear", my firmware version is 6.0.0 - build 32-FD and the brand is ROKU lol, did you really need the brand?:

Please share with us the details below.

• Log ID: From the camera, go to settings > gear > support > submit log.
  • Firmware version
  • Brand of the device

0 Kudos
Bonita1069

Did they ever get it working mine is doing the same thing an seems they can't figure out why it's not recording .. so frustrating 

0 Kudos
rpike418
Reel Rookie

Only after deleting the app,..reinstalling the app, does it seem to work, BUT,...after a day or 2,..it happens again!  Which, of course, means that you have to do the uninstall, yet, again!!  

These things are JUNK!  I'd stay away from them in the future!  Maybe, look into Vivint? 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Bonita1069 @rpike418 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you have faced with your Roku camera, which does not record, and we'd like to gather further details for our team to review this issue. Can you please provide the following details below:

• Log ID: From the camera, go to settings > gear > support > submit log.
  • Firmware version
  • Brand of the device

In the meantime, we recommend visiting this support article that provides steps and guidelines on How to fix a video recording or scheduling issue on your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell.

Keep us posted.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rpike418
Reel Rookie

There is no "gear",...in the settings list,....only "device info",...is that what you meant, or, are you trying to confuse me?

Both cameras are CS1000X

Device 1: sos2000vb7bb4579

Device 2: sos2000v925cbc25

Is this the information you need/want?

Please help!

I've already changed my password, yet, my nephew seems to be able to control these, anyway, WHY?

0 Kudos
rpike418
Reel Rookie

WHY does it take SO LONG to get a response??

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @rpike418 

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We appreciate you for providing the information. Please be advised that we have forwarded the details and your concern to our team for further investigation.

We hope for your patience and understanding as we work on this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.