Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BushYorFace
Reel Rookie

Re: Indoor camera not recording

Yes, I have the Roku smart home subscription.  

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@BushYorFace,

Thanks for your prompt response!

It seems like we've tried everything here, and we'll need backup from the appropriate Roku team.

Please share with us the details below.

• Log ID: From the camera, go to settings > gear > support > submit log.
  • Firmware version
  • Brand of the device

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

MAC 7C67AB405024

IP Address 10.0.0.195

Plugin version 2.31.1

indoor camera not recording anymore!!

0 Kudos
LauraBigsby
Reel Rookie

Same issue with mine. I have the indoor 360. Events randomly stop recording. I restart the camera and it will start recording again. I have an SD card, but haven't looked at it yet.. I dont have high hopes for it working correctly. I dont have a subscription and don't plan on starting one as it seems the issues get worse.

It also seems like roku is well aware of the issue and has had plenty of time to correct it but yet here we are. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Rosemarie24

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for providing us with the information regarding the issue you've encountered with your Roku Indoor Camera not recording, and we're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Kindly be assured that we acknowledge the information you have provided, and we'll forward it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

An update will be provided in this thread once more details are acquired from the team.

We hope for your understanding and patience as we work on this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @LauraBigsby 

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you've encountered with your Roku Indoor Camera, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. We'd be glad to assist. For this instance, we'd like to gather more details regarding the issue you've faced so we can work on it. Could you please provide the information requested by @RokuERey above this thread? This information is valuable for us since we'll forward it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Once we gather those details, an investigation will be conducted.

Your response would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LauraBigsby
Reel Rookie

Indoor Camera 360

Mac 7C67AB2693AE

IP 10.0.0.207

Firmware V3.1.2.8391

Log submitted 

0 Kudos
Carlcrow91

Mac    7C67AB0E1ED5

Carlcrow91@gmail.com

Having same problem and am not willing to get a subscription as I shouldn't need one to have protection at home

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Carlcrow91,

Thank you for your initial post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us regarding your Indoor Camera and your decision to not subscribe to a Smart Home plan. We are happy to help.

A micro SD card provides physical storage for your Roku® Smart Home camera, letting you back up your event recordings and capture your continuous, scheduled, and time-lapse recordings. You can view some of these recordings from the Roku Smart Home mobile app, but with others, you need to remove the micro SD card and connect it to your computer or laptop.

How to record to your micro SD card

Videos are always captured to your micro SD in Full HD 1080p. When your card runs out of space, the oldest footage is overwritten to make room for new recordings. To record to your micro SD card, open the smart home app and follow the instructions below.

Event and continuous recordings

1. Select your camera from the Home screen
  2. Tap Settings in the corner 

3. Select Advanced settings
  4. Tap and toggle Record to MicroSD card
  5. Select Continuous or Events only 

Scheduled and time-lapse recording

1. Select your camera from the Home screen
  2. Tap More 

3. Select Scheduled recording or Time-lapse
  4. Enter the details for the recording

For more detailed instructions please check this out: How to install a micro SD card in your Roku Smart Home Camera

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rpike418
Reel Rookie

Let's face it Kash,....roku has junk cameras!

I have tried to reset my cameras on numerous occasions,...NOTHING works,....went through all the step by step instructions, NOTHING works!

Some people, like me, put the cameras in a high up position, to capture more,....and, we should NOT HAVE TO climb up anything, to retrieve an SD card on a daily basis!

WHY don't these cameras work as described?  WHY are they JUNK?

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.