Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reptem1970
Roku Guru

Re: The Roku camera is slow and disconnecting after the recent update.

Jump to solution

Re: Firmware 6.0.0 build32-gf

Hi Community users,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We apologize for the inconvenience and would like to gather more details regarding this issue you had with the Roku cameras. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Affected devices
  • Log ID: From the camera, go to settings gear > support > submit log
  • Firmware version

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team, which will investigate further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
-------------------------------------------
AFFECTED DEVICES: CS1000X - All wired indoor and outdoor cameras
FIRMWARE: 6.0.0 - build 32-FD
ANDROID APP VERSION: v3.0.0 (281)
All Roku streaming devices also affected for cloud playback. 

reptem1970
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
All Roku streaming devices also affected for cloud playback. 

reptem1970
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
All Roku streaming devices also affected for cloud playback, recording, alerts, connectivity. 

reptem1970
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuJohnB 

These are the major issues I'm having with all of my devices since the firmware and app update.

Microphone on phone is turned on when live viewing the camera and sound is always muted

No longer recognizing an SD card is inserted in device after device is deleted and reinstalled per troubleshooting methods.

Connections to live stream. Wont work on TV or on App unless I click the on/off cycle button in the app to switch the device off and on. It then shows a live stream for a while. This means the device is connected, just not streaming properly.

@RokuJohnB 

Notifications do not come, or they come sometimes an hour or two hours later. Example. At 6:30 pm I receive a person and vehicle notification for 5:08 pm. This happens all the time now at random times or I get zero smart notifications.

Smart notifications not working properly. Example. My two front cameras face the street. I have vehicle notifications turned off, yet every time a car passes, vehicle notifications show up in the app and a car passes every 30 seconds on my street. This is also new since update and clogs up the app with constant vehicle notifications even though they are turned off.

Motion recording wont turn off in smart notifications. Example. In the notification menu, I uncheck "other motion" and back out. When I go back in, it is checked again and always notifies for "other motion" instead of just the smart notifications I want. This also happens with all the cameras and started when the apps UI changed.

Scheduled restarts fail randomly. The cameras seem to disconnect from the cloud randomly and cease to work or record anything.

Images are always very blurry and zoomed in on streaming devices and sometimes the app when in live view. History is missing for hours at a time even though I have my cameras set to record all motion constantly but to only notify for smart events. Cameras are often showing a solid blue light instead of red showing cloud issues.

Timestamps are not showing up even though they are toggled on in the app. Sometime they appear when they are toggled on and off and back on again, but then they disappear. They are not showing up at all on the streaming devices like they used to.

Sound is always off even when turned on, the app never remembers the settings like it used to. Also, on a couple of cameras when I turn on live view and exit my camera on my phone stays on even after I've exited the app draining the phone battery. this happens on multiple devices that the app is installed on.

Sound doesn't always record even though it's toggled on in the app and many more glitches since the updates. 

All these problems and more started with FIRMWARE 6.0.0 build-32-FD and the android app change. The app looked completely different a week ago and all these problems started happening.

Devices affected: All indoor and outdoor wired video cameras

Device not affected: Wired video doorbell.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @reptem1970,

We appreciate the additional details you provided!

Please be aware that your information has been forwarded to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
ellmac5

Jump to solution

Same issue here! I got 3 indoor cameras about a year ago and they had been so great that I bought another indoor and one outdoor camera 3 days ago and ever since yesterday I have been losing connection and I have fiber optic wifi, it's not the Wi-Fi at all because all of our other things work just fine, the only thing not working is 4 indoor cameras and the outdoor camera. I am also paying for a subscription so we have some money out in these cameras and I expect them to work but they all of a sudden just stopped working. Could it be to many cameras going at once or what is the issue? Has anyone had anything resolved? I can't get anyone to resolve the issue at all.

zrussell97
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had to complety delete camera from my app then re add it to my list but its still not functioning 100% it dont saves to cloud or even send notifications and its very slow at connecting to it. Im hoping they revert to the old update before this one. No reason for them to push an broken update on us.

reptem1970
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuJohnB 

There was another update to the app, now it is version v3.0.1(303) for android

Still all the same issues as in previous post along with some new ones, including no longer recognizing sd cards after reinstalling cameras and crashing my entire wifi network after a couple hours. I made a dedicated wifi network for 2.4Ghz to run only the cameras from my mesh wifi system hoping to improve connectivity. All of my other devices run on 5Ghz on separate channels. After an hour or so All of the cameras crash, I ran speed tests and my network speed was at 1mbs download speed. My normal speed is 200mbs for 2.4GHZ. Somehow these cameras, after this update, are literally eating the wifi and crashing it. I've tested this for two days now, and finally unplugged every ROKU camera, and guess what? That dedicated network came back to full speed with no issues. 

This is all software and firmware related and should of been fixed already. This whole site is littered with complaints in the smart home section of these issues with almost every single device since these updates were rolled out. There has to be some sort of resolution, even if it simply rolling back the app and the last firmware upgrade until a viable update can be released. We are all paying customers here, in need of our security devices. Let's hope something tragic doesn't happen that could've been prevented while we all wait for action from ROKU.😶 

0 Kudos
Uckybay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have 5 indoor cameras that are CS1000X using firmware build 6.0.0 32FD. All 5 have the same problems everyone else has mentioned. They were working great until they received the new firmware. Primary problem is notifications not working for me.

I have 2 indoor cameras (I don't see the model number on these, but they look identical to my other ones). These 2 cameras have 3.0.2.8391, and they work fine. No issues... Notifications working as they should.

I have factory reset, and re-added the 5 cameras several times, and they refuse to send notifications. This has been going on for over a week now.

reptem1970
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuJohnB 

I noticed this too when I tried to hook up an extra roku indoor camera se after the change. It didnt force the new firmware or change the model number and worked like it used to. I didn't leave it connected long, but it said it upgraded the firmware. The app interface for that camera looked the same as it used to as well. Its like they put the wrong firmware in the wrong cameras and aren't correcting it.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.