Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RGustafson85
Channel Surfer

"No permission to snapshot" or "No permission to record video" on my smart home app..

Jump to solution

When I pull up my livestream on my wireless video doorbell, I am unable to take a pic or record a live video.  When I attempt to do that I get the above "NO permission" statements.  ALL of my peermissions are enabled within the app settings.  Usage access on my phone is set.  The only thing that's changed is that a week or so ago I un/re-installed my smart home app.  I had no issues with being able to take pics or videos prior to uninstalling as I did it for a different reason.  So with all that being said has anyone ran into the same issue?  Better yet can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do to fix it?  Thank you in advance for your help.

Edit:  I wanted to add the my doorbell is live recording & recording events and there is no problem with that it's just when I attempt to do it manually within the live feed, along with taking manual pics.  Thank You.

"Keep em phree"
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: "No permission to snapshot" or "No permission to record video" on my smart home app..

Jump to solution

Hi @RGustafson85,

Thank you for bringing to our attention that your phone was unable to capture photos and record videos during the live stream from your Roku Smart Home. We are more than happy to assist you with this.

This issue may be related to your phone's settings, such as enabling the permissions of your Roku Smart Home app to access the camera of your Phone. However, we recommend you try these troubleshooting steps:

1. Uninstall the Roku Smart Home app.
  2. Once you add the app again, make sure to select Allow all the permissions.
  3. We also recommend you try accessing your Roku Smart Home app on another device and check if you have the same issue.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: "No permission to snapshot" or "No permission to record video" on my smart home app..

Jump to solution

Hi @RGustafson85,

Thank you for bringing to our attention that your phone was unable to capture photos and record videos during the live stream from your Roku Smart Home. We are more than happy to assist you with this.

This issue may be related to your phone's settings, such as enabling the permissions of your Roku Smart Home app to access the camera of your Phone. However, we recommend you try these troubleshooting steps:

1. Uninstall the Roku Smart Home app.
  2. Once you add the app again, make sure to select Allow all the permissions.
  3. We also recommend you try accessing your Roku Smart Home app on another device and check if you have the same issue.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Savie
Reel Rookie

Re: "No permission to snapshot" or "No permission to record video" on my smart h

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Help.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.