Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Camera is slow and disconnecting after the recent update.

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community users,

Thank you for your patience and for reporting the recent issues with the Roku Camera. We’re happy to inform you that we believe the connection and buffering problems following the recent update have been resolved.

Resolution: We suggest restarting your Roku Smart Home device to see if it resolves the issue. For detailed instructions on how to restart your device, please refer to this Roku Support FAQ: How to fix Roku Smart Home device software update issues | Official Roku Support

If you are still experiencing any issues, please help us troubleshoot by providing the following information:

1. Affected Devices: Specify the Roku devices you are using.
  2. Log ID: On your camera, go to the settings gear > support > submit log.
  3. Firmware Version: Let us know the firmware version currently installed on your camera.

Your feedback is invaluable in ensuring we provide the best experience possible. Thanks for being a part of our community!

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FC75
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Still having issues affected device: indoor camera SE

firmware 6.0.0 build 32 fd

i have sent a log almost 2 weeks ago, no one responded. I am still having issues with my indoor camera, it has not been resolved. I have already done all troubleshooting steps and still have problems. Roku needs to roll back the build u til they can actually fix the current one.

FC75
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Log id 30765565

0 Kudos
mlm44
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Nope. Still slow and disconnecting. And the timestamp randomly comes and goes.

Typical of support to mark the issue as resolved before it is actually resolved.

0 Kudos
FC75
Streaming Star

Re: The Roku camera is slow and disconnecting after the recent update.

Jump to solution

Well said

0 Kudos
GuestUser1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

1) Random giant square re-arranged pixels appear at times. Sometimes they are solid green squares.

2) Updated APP Takes over 20 seconds to connect to camera.

3) Audio is low definition.

3) Video is no longer HD

4) Time stamp appears and disappears randomly.

5) When zooming in on the app, viewing area no longer elongates on screen.

6) Micro SD card slot on camera has been disabled by the firmware update it no longer noticed installed card.

7) Firmware update 6.0.0 - build 32-FD is more like a virus.

Device Model: CS1000X

0 Kudos
reptem1970
Roku Guru

FIRMWARE 6.0.0 build 32 - FD

Jump to solution

FIRMWARE 6.0.0 build 32 - FD has ruined all wired indoor and outdoor cameras for weeks now. I have sent multiple messages to moderators, and support, just to be ignored. The site is littered with messages about this update ruining devices yet they keep rolling it out. I went out and bought different cameras that worked perfectly with the old firmware until this new update hit and bricked them all. Now they deleted the threads about it and merged other comments into this one and marked it as resolved! This is insane. Time to contact the media and attorneys about a company that is selling fraudulent security devices and trying to cover it up. Glad I took screenshots of everything. All money for subscriptions should be refunded and all money for broken devices caused by this firmware should be refunded and all crime and vandalism that has been committed while this firmware has been released and breaking every device is Roku's responsibility. 

mlm44
Roku Guru

Re: FIRMWARE 6.0.0 build 32 - FD

Jump to solution

I am still experiencing the following issues with each indoor camera with the new firmware (other cameras are still working properly):

1) Slow to load live feed in app, Much slower than the other cameras.

2) Live feed goes black or disconnects frequently. Sometimes all cameras at the same time, sometimes only one camera at a time. Live feed also sometimes ends or blacks out when switching away from and back to app on iPhone.

3) Pinch-to-zoom in live feed only zooms to the upper left corner regardless of where finger gesture is made. Pinch-to-zoom works correctly during recording playback only.

4) Timestamp in live feed randomly appears and disappears. Timestamp only appears consistently in recordings.

5) Replay of recording freezes when rotating iPhone.

6) At least one camera microphone occasionally triggers on a loud hissing noise that is not actually present in the room. This is since the firmware update. (Camera is out of warranty so if it is a hardware issue then I'm not paying for a new one.)

7) Event recording is not reliable - some motion and sound events are not recorded.

Using the camera app on a Roku streaming device is not much better. The cameras load more quickly but the timestamp is missing.

0 Kudos
Tebabe33

Jump to solution

Yesssss... And I'm very unsatisfied with Roku support with the issue!!! My cameras haven't recorded data since, I get updates but device failed is the error i get. 

When I call they have to call me back or I have to download an AI app for support. I'm reporting them to the BBB 

0 Kudos
FC75
Streaming Star

Re: The Roku camera is slow and disconnecting after the recent update.

Jump to solution

Has anyone’s issues been fixed? Mine are no and still no response other than troubleshooting 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.