Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monty643
Channel Surfer

Re: The Roku camera is slow and disconnecting after the recent update.

Jump to solution

after extensive search through online forums. i have come to the conclusion that roku is just a greedy, incompetent, failure of a company. we sit here today in ruin with no remedy to there disastrous software update that has caused total destruction of what once was. i ask any and all to express these concerns with as much urgency possible to thee. raise he11 and do not surrender to the lies that is our fault. we are obligated to a fix with compensation. we demand answers!!!!!!!

reptem1970
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I hope they fix it soon....

Jump to solution

Yep. The app doesn't work anymore. All 3 of my cameras just say "offline." Tech support tells me to do the same thing over and over again with no results. It's the app. They should let us go back to an earlier version. Everything worked great before. I've tried everything. Same thing. All cameras are "offline."

Jump to solution

Im not sure what this update is about, but it messed up my cameras bad. Connectivity issues, doesn’t record, etc.

reptem1970
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Please FIX Firmware version : 6.0.0 build 32-FD and App Version : 3.0.0 (281)

On Android mobile app since update over a week ago there are many issues with cloud, connectivity, alerts, stability, and smart home subscriptions. There were glitches before the App changed and this new firmware was released, but now the cameras are horrible. There are tons of complaints from other members signing up on these forums after the new update suggesting it's widespread. None of the usual troubleshooting steps resolve any of the issues and this needs to be fixed by either rolling back the updates or creating software fixes immediately.

I've been a smart home subscriber for over a year and recently renewed my subscription in June and my security cameras are completely useless now. for over a week! Indoor and outdoor, all wired. The cameras when working, will not allow you to turn of motion and save it in the notifications, and constantly send vehicle notifications when they are turned off. They disconnect all the time, some cameras need to be turned on off and on again through the app just to get a live feed, then disconnect again. There are many more problems that are going on, including with live streaming through Roku devices, and it's because of these updates. Everyone's safety and security is at risk during this time period and it needs to be addressed ASAP. *There is another thread about this but the title is misspelled*

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We apologize for the inconvenience and would like to gather more details regarding this issue you had with the Roku cameras. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Affected devices
  • Log ID: From the camera, go to settings gear > support > submit log
  • Firmware version

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team, which will investigate further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
Jsalmon22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nothing but issues. No sound when recording.  The audio is even more distorted than it was before. It now says live instead of HD.  And it’s impossible to contact somebody or get a resolution.  I expected better from Roku  

Jsalmon22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

And good luck, trying to find a resolution through customer service. Nothing but issues since the update. Nor does anyone have the extra time to try and find someone to help you with it.  Very frustrating. 

Jsalmon22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

People have been complaining for days. I don’t know if you think everybody is just incompetent as to keep posting the same directions that are obviously not working.  Yes, everybody has their record sound button on and yet still no sound. Everyone has their record button yet still no record.  The responses from Roku are absolutely ridiculous and borderline demeaning. I will be canceling everything affiliated with you guys today.  

zrussell97
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After new update firmware 6.0.0 32 build FD my one camera stopped all together but this one not sending or saving to cloud and most of the feature that was able to me like a week ago is not able to me now after the update the connection is bad and few other problems after this update.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.