Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Issues with ALL of my ROKU cameras

Jump to solution

Wow! They really just give the same dumb answer for everything, huh? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Connection Issues with ALL of my ROKU cameras

Jump to solution

Warmest welcome here in the Roku Community, @BarraKota!

We regret to hear about the experience but no worries! We're here to further assist you with this and find you the best resolution possible.

In this instance, it may be a possible network connection issue because the issues persist even after replacing your Roku Wireless Doorbell. Have you tried to connect it to an alternative network connection to see if it makes a difference? Perhaps a mobile hotspot would do. 

Furthermore, here's what we can suggest:

• Check Network Speed: Ensure your Wi-Fi connection is stable and performing well. Sometimes, even with fiber optic, fluctuations in speed or signal strength can cause delays.
  • Camera Placement: Adjust the camera's placement closer to the Wi-Fi router or access point to improve signal reception and reduce latency.
  • Camera Settings: Check for any updates or settings within the camera's app or software that might optimize live streaming performance. Lowering video resolution or adjusting streaming settings might help.
  • Restart and Update: Try restarting both your Roku camera and Wi-Fi router. Additionally, check for any available firmware updates for the camera that might address latency issues.

Please don't hesitate to let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Holiman1982,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're having with the Roku cameras, but we will need to gather more details.

• What Roku camera are you using right now? (Roku indoor camera, Roku outdoor camera, Roku floodlight camera, Roku doorbell camera)
  • Are you getting any error codes or messages? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ilesfamily
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mines is doing the same thing. It disconnected on its own on Friday and I deleted the camera to reconnect it and now the QR code says please wait after I scan it and it times out over and over 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Ilesfamily

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We'd like to determine this issue further. Could you please provide the information asked by @RokuJohnB above this thread? Once we have this information, we'll be able to clarify this issue.

We hope to hear back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BarraKota

Jump to solution

I have a wireless doorbell doing the same thing. It auto disconnects more and more frequently ive had roku send me new cameras with the same issue i can get it to reconnect only by restarting my modem only for it to do the same thing like four hours later.  I work out of state and cannot have this issue continuing. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Warmest welcome here in the Roku Community, @BarraKota!

We regret to hear about the experience but no worries! We're here to further assist you with this and find you the best resolution possible.

In this instance, it may be a possible network connection issue because the issues persist even after replacing your Roku Wireless Doorbell. Have you tried to connect it to an alternative network connection to see if it makes a difference? Perhaps a mobile hotspot would do. 

Furthermore, here's what we can suggest:

• Check Network Speed: Ensure your Wi-Fi connection is stable and performing well. Sometimes, even with fiber optic, fluctuations in speed or signal strength can cause delays.
  • Camera Placement: Adjust the camera's placement closer to the Wi-Fi router or access point to improve signal reception and reduce latency.
  • Camera Settings: Check for any updates or settings within the camera's app or software that might optimize live streaming performance. Lowering video resolution or adjusting streaming settings might help.
  • Restart and Update: Try restarting both your Roku camera and Wi-Fi router. Additionally, check for any available firmware updates for the camera that might address latency issues.

Please don't hesitate to let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.