Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tcraig731

[6.0] Camera is slow and disconnecting after the recent update.

Jump to solution

Anyone else have issues? My system must have updated to this new firmware and I have had nothing but issues since. The user-face is changed and most definitely not user friendly. Terrible connection issues. Always buffers and loses connection. I’m terribly frustrated with this. I have 2 wired outdoor cameras and a wireless outdoor camera that have not updated and no issues whatsoever. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Camera is slow and disconnecting after the recent update.

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community users,

Thank you for your patience and for reporting the recent issues with the Roku Camera. We’re happy to inform you that we believe the connection and buffering problems following the recent update have been resolved.

Resolution: We suggest restarting your Roku Smart Home device to see if it resolves the issue. For detailed instructions on how to restart your device, please refer to this Roku Support FAQ: How to fix Roku Smart Home device software update issues | Official Roku Support

If you are still experiencing any issues, please help us troubleshoot by providing the following information:

1. Affected Devices: Specify the Roku devices you are using.
  2. Log ID: On your camera, go to the settings gear > support > submit log.
  3. Firmware Version: Let us know the firmware version currently installed on your camera.

Your feedback is invaluable in ensuring we provide the best experience possible. Thanks for being a part of our community!

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
102 REPLIES 102
jschonauer
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Currently having the same issues!!!

roberttabs1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

As the original poster stated, they worked fine BEFORE. Now they are not. Mine worked amazing! I bragged about roku cameras. I definitely wouldn’t NOW. I can’t get mine to load. Constant reconnect. This wasn’t like this days ago ! 

jschonauer
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Im literally on Roku chat support now they ended while we were troubleshooting. I do not like Roku anymore these cameras were my favorite but after this update they are trash!!!

EricGT35

Jump to solution

Latest software completely turned,  Smart Home Roku into garbage!

reptem1970
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Same issues, over 24 hours now, motion settings won't turn off, cameras are only working sometimes, and not working correctly. Not sure how they could make this big of a mistake on an app and firmware upgrade, but the system is completely useless.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings Community users, 

Thank you for sharing. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I have forwarded this report to the appropriate Roku team for further review with the utmost concern.

We'll make sure to keep this thread posted for any updates.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
reptem1970
Roku Guru

Re: Camera is slow and disconnecting after the recent update

Jump to solution

I just noticed my firmware is 6.0.0 Build 32 - FD. It bricked one of my cameras, just a blue status light and won't even let me reset it. All the other cameras work intermittently and the settings won't save in the new app. The cloud is constantly disconnecting. Basically the entire security system is compromised for the last 24 hours and counting. All because of an app and firmware update smh...Why Roku? Why????

TopherLee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The new firmware seems to be a forced update, and pure garbage at that. I have two inside camera's and one outdoor wireless camera that utilizes a hub for connectivity. The outdoor camera loads my video just fine but the two indoor cameras are on the 6.0.0 32-FD firmware and they are taking 4 times longer to load, the sound is automatically turned off, I have to continually turn the sound back on, the UI for the round loading is different. This update had to be some alpha build that they accidentally pushed out, because I've never had such an issue. And that's when the camera's choose to actually load. It's about an 80/20 percentage whether they'll actually load or display the reconnect screen. 

Nebi042

Jump to solution

One camera has this firmware and doesn't work as well as 3.0.2.8391. Can it be reverted back to this firmware?

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.