Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BryanMaloney
Reel Rookie

Why does Roku pretend to have tech support? It does NOTHING.

Why does Roku pretend to have tech support? It obviously doesn't actually exist. No response, just an obviously automated "we received your support request" non-message.

10 REPLIES 10
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why does Roku pretend to have tech support? It does NOTHING.

Hi @BryanMaloney,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help. In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BryanMaloney
Reel Rookie

I included the information in the message I sent to your alleged "technical support". WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO REPEAT MYSELF? Answer that question.

mlevan

I'm having the same problem with #8000976. I received an automated reply and nothing after that. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BryanMaloney @mlevan,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Rest assured that we are committed to finding the best resolution to your concerns and assisting you with anything, as your satisfaction is essential to us. Please don't hesitate to contact us anytime if you need help in any way. In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Regarding your post above, kindly give us more information about the issue you're referring to so that we may be able to provide you with an accurate resolution. We'd be more than willing to help. We'll be looking forward to your response! 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Johnnxi
Channel Surfer

Perhaps I'll have more luck posting here:

I have a Roku 3600X device and when I connect with Prime it takes me to prime.com. My account is with prime.ca  Is there any way that I can change Rocco so that when I select prime it goes to Prime.ca instead of the US version.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Johnnxi, if you either intentionally or inadvertently created a US Roku account then you will not see the channels/apps available in Canada.  The same thing can happen if you move a device from one region to another.  The only way to fix it is to create a Roku account in your actual region, factory reset the Roku device, and link it to the new account.  It's far to easy to create an account in the wrong region, so if this may be your problem make sure you clear your browser cookies or use a private or incognito browser window when you create the new account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Johnnxi
Channel Surfer

Thank you for your reply, what you say makes sense. After considerable difficulty I have created what I think as a Canadian ROKU account in addition to my US account. I could not find a factory restart however I did find a system restart and so I performed that action. I guess the Canadian version of Roku must have somehow connected as somewhere in the multitude of menus I found a menu to allow me to close the US Prime account and open & use my Canadian Prime account. I Can now access prime movies etc successfully. Thank you very much for your help, I would never have attempted the activity without your input.

0 Kudos
Johnnxi
Channel Surfer

I spoke to soon. It would appear that I did not connect to or reset my ROKU device to the Canadian account that I had created. When I went to ROKU I saw that he wanted me to sign in to Amazon Prime which I did but it turned out to be my my suspended US account (My Canadian account is currently active) that got activated. So I guess I need to find Out how to do a factory reset of my Roku device and then sign in with my new Canadian Roku account. I would think that would be fairly easy but I cannot find a link within Roku to do that. Can you advise.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Johnnxi, there's two ways to factory reset a Roku device (which you must do in order to change Roku accounts).  You can find it in the menus by following the path Settings->System->Advanced system settings->Factory reset.  You can also do it via the reset button - with the power connected, press and hold it for no less than 30 seconds while ignoring anything happening onscreen.  Ten seconds is supposed to be enough, but in reality it often doesn't seem to be.

Roku's website likes to redirect web pages for different regions, but this is where the information is for us in the US:
How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.