Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to update Payment method

Jump to solution

Same problem here today & still not accepting card registered to my account. I have had Roku CS on phone for almost an hour asking me to reenter card details & address which I have done about ***20*** times now, still the Roku card processor will not accept. I used same card to pay for subs to a channel on Roku a month ago with no problems. whats the problem Roku?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Trying to update Payment method

Jump to solution

Hi @wasteoftime4me,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for letting us know!

We'll be more than happy to assist you further with this issue of updating your card on your Roku account. Please try the steps below.

• Make sure you entered your card numbers correctly.
  • Try a different card or PayPal account.
  • Make sure your card has not expired or needs to be updated.
  • Try a different web browser, such as Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.

For more information on updating your card, you can check out this support article here on how to update your Roku payment method.

If the problem still persists, you can reach out to our Accounts and Billing team since they are the specialized department to best cater to your inquiry. To contact them, kindly refer to this link here. Make sure to select the Accounts and Billing option to be directed to their contact information.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @wasteoftime4me,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for letting us know!

We'll be more than happy to assist you further with this issue of updating your card on your Roku account. Please try the steps below.

• Make sure you entered your card numbers correctly.
  • Try a different card or PayPal account.
  • Make sure your card has not expired or needs to be updated.
  • Try a different web browser, such as Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.

For more information on updating your card, you can check out this support article here on how to update your Roku payment method.

If the problem still persists, you can reach out to our Accounts and Billing team since they are the specialized department to best cater to your inquiry. To contact them, kindly refer to this link here. Make sure to select the Accounts and Billing option to be directed to their contact information.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
soverton

Jump to solution

Every time I have tried to update my payment method, it says:  

Something went wrong

We're sorry. We are unable to save your credit card at the moment. Please try again.

I have tried numerous times and now my subscription to ESPN+ has been cancelled!!  It's very frustrating.

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @soverton.

We are aware that you're encountering problems updating your payment information to renew your subscription with ESPN. 

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided above by @RokuJohnB? If you haven't, we highly suggest performing them and seeing if they make any difference. Also, you can try updating your payment information to a different device and observe if it goes through. 

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos