Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Waddahs

The Direct TV/ROKU loop from **bleep**

Jump to solution

My wife told me she cancelled Direct Tv a couple of weeks ago.  Today, the Direct TV charge says, “pending” on our bank account.  So, since I had purchased the DTV service on Roku, I went to Roku to figure this out.  My Roku account has no details on the DTV service.  From there, I went to the DTV site and told them my situation. “Sorry, the transaction has already gone through, can’t refund”.  Technically, it was pending, but I wasn’t surprised.  The agent sent me a link, which took me back to Roku, with no mention of DTV.  No wonder we weren’t able to cancel.

Has this happened to anyone? Tips?  

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The Direct TV/ROKU loop from **bleep**

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Waddahs.

Thanks for letting us know and we appreciate you reaching out here about your Direct TV subscription issue. We'd be more than happy to assist you with your concerns.

How many Roku devices/TVs do you have? Since you don't see the subscription reflected in your Roku account, it is possible that the charge from your Direct TV subscription is linked to a different Roku account. You can try checking that by navigating to Settings > System > About

If you determine that the subscription is linked to a different account and have access to it, you can cancel it and prevent it from charging your Roku account again. 

However, if you're still having problems canceling the subscription, the best option is to contact our Accounts and billing team for further assistance. 

We hope this information helps. Please don't hesitate to ask for assistance if needed. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The Direct TV/ROKU loop from **bleep**

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Waddahs.

Thanks for letting us know and we appreciate you reaching out here about your Direct TV subscription issue. We'd be more than happy to assist you with your concerns.

How many Roku devices/TVs do you have? Since you don't see the subscription reflected in your Roku account, it is possible that the charge from your Direct TV subscription is linked to a different Roku account. You can try checking that by navigating to Settings > System > About

If you determine that the subscription is linked to a different account and have access to it, you can cancel it and prevent it from charging your Roku account again. 

However, if you're still having problems canceling the subscription, the best option is to contact our Accounts and billing team for further assistance. 

We hope this information helps. Please don't hesitate to ask for assistance if needed. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Manage your subscriptions by logging into your Roku Account.