Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1DayAfterAnothe
Roku Guru

Roku Channel Premium adding existing account?

Hey - we have 2 roku ultra's with the same account.. I subscribe already to discovery+ app...On the Roku channel premium, I see discovery+ but it gives me NO option to sign into an existing account, only to start a new one? How do I sign in instead of starting new account? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Channel Premium adding existing account?

The stand-alone Discovery+ channel/app is not the same as Discovery+ through The Roku Channel.  If both devices are linked to the same Roku account then they should show the same supported channels/apps on the Home Screen, but they may be in a different order.  Look for the Discovery+ icon on the Home Screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
1DayAfterAnothe
Roku Guru

Yea... If I add an app to one Roku, it goes on the other one... Why would the discovery+ standalone app be different from the one on the Roku channel...? In what way is it different?

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Subscribing through The Roku Channel means that subscription is locked to The Roku Channel and you have to access shows through The Roku Channel.

NEVER subscribe through a 3rd party. ALWAYS subscribe directly at a service's WEB SITE. That will guarantee the widest available options for devices.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @1DayAfterAnothe,

Thanks for keeping the Roku Community posted!

Note that Roku offers premium subscriptions via Roku Pay and can be accessed separately under The Roku Channel. If your subscription is under Roku Pay, then you can access your subscription under The Roku Channel by navigating to premium. However, if your subscription is directly to the channel, then you'll be able to access it through a stand-alone app on the Roku platform. This means that you can't access your existing account if it's not under Roku Pay, just as you can't access your existing account if it's under Roku Pay for a standalone app.

We hope this answers your question!

Let us know if there's anything else that we can further look into.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos