Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jakal23

Possible Scam wanting payment info for my Peacock channel

Jump to solution

Got this email today from "emcialyoursil@hotmail.fr". Basically said my Peacock account has expired. " But as part of our loyalty program, you can now extend for 90 days free".    "After signing up, you have to insert your credit card details for validation of your account  We will not withdraw any money ". There is a link to unsubscribe, but I know that only opens a door for the scammers. Reported as spam on my email.

I subscribe to Peacock through my Roku account. Please be careful everyone.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Possible Scam wanting payment info for my Peacock channel

Jump to solution

Hello! @jakal23,

Welcome aboard from the Roku Community! 

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

Technical support scams are an unfortunate industry-wide problem where criminals use various forms of deception to extract personal information and gain financial favor from unsuspecting victims. Typical scams aimed at Roku users falsely claim to be affiliated with the company in a malicious effort to get you to pay for services that Roku offers for free, such as Roku device activation and technical support. This article explains how these activation and technical support scams work, how you can protect yourself from them, and what to do if you have fallen victim to such a scam. How to protect yourself from activation and technical support scams

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Possible Scam wanting payment info for my Peacock channel

Jump to solution

Hello! @jakal23,

Welcome aboard from the Roku Community! 

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

Technical support scams are an unfortunate industry-wide problem where criminals use various forms of deception to extract personal information and gain financial favor from unsuspecting victims. Typical scams aimed at Roku users falsely claim to be affiliated with the company in a malicious effort to get you to pay for services that Roku offers for free, such as Roku device activation and technical support. This article explains how these activation and technical support scams work, how you can protect yourself from them, and what to do if you have fallen victim to such a scam. How to protect yourself from activation and technical support scams

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos