Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset back to my password after someone else changed it to their email

Jump to solution

Someone changed my password and logged in to my Roku streaming stick with their email.  How can I reset back to my email and password?  They don't remember what password they put in.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Reset back to my password after someone else changed it to their email

Jump to solution

Hi @RandallBaer,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for posting about your Roku password, we understand that you might want to update the password on your Roku account. We would be delighted to help you further.

How to change your password or email

1. Go to Account information in your Roku account
  2. Enter a new password or email and confirm the new password or email (you'll need to enter your current password as well)
  3. Select 'Save changes'
  • If you forgot your password, you can have a password reset email sent to you from the Account information page in your Roku account

To learn more on how to update your email address or password for your Roku account, please see this How to change your password or email for your Roku account | Official Roku Support.

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact Roku support at https://support.roku.com/contactus

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @RandallBaer,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for posting about your Roku password, we understand that you might want to update the password on your Roku account. We would be delighted to help you further.

How to change your password or email

1. Go to Account information in your Roku account
  2. Enter a new password or email and confirm the new password or email (you'll need to enter your current password as well)
  3. Select 'Save changes'
  • If you forgot your password, you can have a password reset email sent to you from the Account information page in your Roku account

To learn more on how to update your email address or password for your Roku account, please see this How to change your password or email for your Roku account | Official Roku Support.

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact Roku support at https://support.roku.com/contactus

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@RandallBaer, if the account the device is linked to isn't yours then you have to factory reset a Roku device to link it to a different account.

How to factory reset your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos