Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: incorrect Contec address

Jump to solution

Hi, @ricj0923.

Welcome and thank you for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention about the incorrect address. 
Please refer to @RokuRey-V's accepted solution post above.

If you need further clarification and assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KMcCoy33
Binge Watcher

Re: incorrect Contec address

Jump to solution

I'm not sure who accepted RokuRey's response as a solution, but what a freaking joke!

Everyone before and after are telling you the post office does not accept the address, whether you think it is correct or not. Multiple people have mentioned the address that is being used and seems to get it there. Maybe one of those user comments should be an accepted work around.

An accepted solution would be Roku updating the address in the return instructions to what's accepted by the post office as users seem to think the accepted address is the new/updated address. If so sure the address is correct and up to date, then Roku needs to get it registered with the post office.

What should have happened a months ago is someone calling to the center or to the local post office there to ask about the address instead of this thread continuing to grow. Roku should be embarrassed.

But hey, if you think it makes sense to keep getting complaints for another year and saying a moderator's comment is an accepted solution, keep at it.

Txasslm

Re: incorrect Contec address to return my remote

Jump to solution

I took your explanation to the main USPS people at the Austin, TX post office and they said you were, in short, full of it, although their description was somewhat more colorful.  I had the same experience with trying to send a remote back to Contec / Roku last week; and I still have no indication from Roku if it was received.

The USPS official suggested maybe someone from Roku's IT team sort everything out and contact someone in authority at USPS and get this mess straightened out.  Customers can't do it for you.  You ought to want to do it without being told, simply because, first, it's good business, and second, because it will keep business.

Roku would do well to copy as much as possible the Amazon return processes.  It is fast, rarely contested, and results in credits or refunds to the buyer often on the same day.  It's easily best of class -- and all done with automation, so it's not prohibitively expensive.

For other customers who have had this Roku trip, maybe the next time we want to put in a new streaming device, we all look around.  Amazon has a good streaming stick, other devices are out there, too. 

Roku needs to live on performance, not promises.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Still giving wrong address !  A phone call to customer service and was told don't have an address . Will send me to someone else. I tried chat with the answer they will send an email !

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same boat. Round and round with customer service before I could get an address. Doesn't work. Even tried emailing this person but the email bounced... https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeff-hensien-20a37912/

0 Kudos
DAVI441

Jump to solution

Here it is 10/17/24 and still no solution from Roku concerning the invalid returns address.  If I were into conspiracy theories I would think this is the best way for Roku to avoid either having to refund the purchase price of a defective Roku product or a mail a replacement.  This original thread started in February of this year?  

I would try the Post Office visit to see what they have to say about the invalid address, if it weren't for the fact that I live in a city that received a direct hit from Milton last week.  The lines at the PO are long... 

I like Roku products and have never had a problem with them ever.  In fact, I prefer paying extra for a Smart Ruko TV than the same brand but less expensive set with Google installed. 

My rechargeable remote was nice while it lasted.  It's not worth my time and effort to return the defective product AND paying for return shipping.  I'm just going to purchase a battery operated Roku remote and think twice about buying anymore Ruko products in the future  

0 Kudos