Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FireSpell
Reel Rookie

How to upgrade my Frndly TV subscription via ROKU?

Jump to solution

I decided I would be willing to spend a few $$$ more per year to get the high end Frndly TV subscription (which among other things gives a 9 month DVR, vs the 3 month DVR I currently have).  However, since I originally got my Frndly TV account via ROKU, I can't just do the "upgrade" via Frndly (but instead have to make the change on the ROKU web site).  And that's where the problem lies.

While I can easily find my Frndly TV subscription on the ROKU web site, the only options that ROKU seems to provide is to either continue with "auto-renew" or turn off auto-renew.  I was unable to find any option to change my Frndly TV account to some upgraded service.  So how do I make this change?  Yes, I know that the higher subscription to Frndly will cost a little more, but I still would prefer to make that change (vs being stuck at the subscription level I'm currently at).

NOTE:  I did look at the ROKU help on subscription upgrades, but it was less than helpful.  All it said was to follow the instructions from the service (in my case Frndly TV), but those instructions just point me to the subscription portion of the ROKU web site (which as I've already said doesn't have any obvious way to upgrade my Frndly TV subscription)...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to upgrade my Frndly TV subscription via ROKU?

Jump to solution

Welcome, @FireSpell.

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community!

We noticed you're experiencing trouble upgrading your Friendly TV subscription. Rest assured that our dedicated team can assist you.

If you don't have any options to upgrade the subscription, we highly encourage getting additional support from our Accounts and billing team. They will be able to help you upgrade your Friendly TV subscription and give you access to more of your favorite programs.

We are hoping that everything will be sorted out for you soon.

Regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, @FireSpell.

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community!

We noticed you're experiencing trouble upgrading your Friendly TV subscription. Rest assured that our dedicated team can assist you.

If you don't have any options to upgrade the subscription, we highly encourage getting additional support from our Accounts and billing team. They will be able to help you upgrade your Friendly TV subscription and give you access to more of your favorite programs.

We are hoping that everything will be sorted out for you soon.

Regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FireSpell
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I still don't see an option to "upgrade" my Frndly TV subscription (on the ROKU web site).  And while I believe you that the ROKU billing department may be able to edit my account (in a way I can't personally do), it is no longer necessary.  Instead, I came up with my own "work around". 

What I did was set my Frndly TV account (via ROKU) to shut down (lapse) tomorrow, when the current subscription ends.  I then had my wife create a new "upgraded" Frndly TV account directly on the Frndly TV web site (i.e. not via my ROKU account).  This effectively "upgraded" the Frndly TV account we are using in our house (although technically it's a new account vs an "upgrade").

The only two "down sides" of this solution are:  1) I have to change the logins I'm using for Frndly TV on all our devices from my old account to my wife's new account.  However, this is a "one time change" (to edit the login info).  And 2) Because it is a new account that has the "upgrade", all of my existing history (from my old Frndly TV account) is now lost.  In practice this mostly matters with the DVR ability, as my old "recordings" are no longer accessible.  This will be a minor pain for the first few weeks, but eventually the new account's DVR will fill up with new programs I want to watch on Frndly.

0 Kudos