Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
opal_wt

Double charged for Discovery plus standard with ads and discovery plus upgraded without ads.

Tried to upgrade from discovery plus with ads to discovery plus without ads 3 months ago. Account immediately reverts back to standard with ads and when attempting to upgrade again receiving message that upgrade has already been purchased. Already contacted discovery plus support, they show only standard account and referred to Roku support. Now I'm being charged on the 12th of each month for $4.99 for standard discovery plus as well as the 23rd of each month for $6.99 for upgraded discovery plus. I like discovery plus and all, but I don't like it enough to be double charged for it and still stuck watching ads. My roku account, of course, only shows the $4.99 charges. My bank account begs to differ and shows the $4.99 charges and the $6.99 charges. 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Double charged for Discovery plus standard with ads and discovery plus upgraded without ads.

Have you tried going through the "Questions about my account or billing" option at https://support.roku.com/contactus ?

If that doesn't get you anywhere post back here and we'll tag someone to take a closer look.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Alfredo-Roku
Retired Moderator

Re: Double charged for Discovery plus standard with ads and discovery plus upgraded without ads.

Hey @opal_wt, we see you're having an issue with double billing from Discovery+. 

We'd like to look more into this for you. We'll be sending you a DM, please be on the look for us!

0 Kudos
Terri7
Reel Rookie

I also had problem of double billing re Discovery+. I believe that has been resolved, however for the month of July I was billed by Roku $4.99 (and the amount was taken from my checking account) for Discovery+ but Discovery+ won't launch. 

0 Kudos
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @Terri7, thanks for the post! We're happy to hear about the billing issue now being resolved. We do see that the channel is having an issue while being launched. Let's get you back to streaming.
Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device, and adding the channel again?
Please let us know how it goes. We're here to help.

0 Kudos
Terri7
Reel Rookie

I followed your instructions. Also rebooted Roku. Got a little bit further however Discovery says 'inactive subscription'.  It wants me to choose a plan however if I do that, they will double bill me again. Also it says my subscription renews on 8/17/22.  

0 Kudos
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Thanks for the update! There's one more thing we can check for.

Please make sure you're using the correct channel for your subscription. If you're subscribed to Discovery+ directly, you can log in through the Discovery+ channel.

If your subscription is through Roku, you can log in through Discovery+ on The Roku Channel.

Please let us know if you're still experiencing issues.

0 Kudos
rimfire

I too am having that same issue.  I tried to cancel my subscription but the bills keep coming. 

0 Kudos
rimfire

Tried to cancel subscription but bills keep on a comming

0 Kudos