Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laurinette
Binge Watcher

Can't cancel a subscription. Account says I have no subscriptions!!!

Jump to solution

I've tried for almost a year now to "cancel my subscription" as per the instructions, but my account says I have no subscriptions.  My card continues to be charged every month.  I've tried calling, writing letters, emailing and still I cannot get this monthly charge to be stopped.  The charge is for Peacock TV LLC, but Peacock TV says I have to contact Roku to get the charge discontinued.  Roku has conveniently made it so that no one can call or reach them to discontinue.  I've canceled debit cards and received replacement cards, yet Roku still seems to charge the new cards and I know I have not given the new card number.  At this point, I guess my next step will be to file a police report.

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't cancel a subscription. Account says I have no subscriptions!!!

Jump to solution

Hi @Laurinette,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. We understand that you are having a problem with your Peacock channel that is being charged even though you don't have a subscription. 

To help you with this issue, we highly suggest contacting our Accounts and Billing team. They are the expert in handling this type of concern. You can contact them here at the Accounts and Billing support page.

Thank you for your understanding and continued participation in our community.

Best regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We're sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused you. That's not what we aim for. In this matter, it would be best to talk to our Account-Billing team, as they are the ones who can further assist with your concerns.

You can contact them here. Choose "Account, payment, & subscription," and there should be an option for you to talk to one of our live representatives.

You can also check the charges on your account, and this link will help you out: How to review your purchase history and charges to your Roku account.

Note that if a subscription is billed through Roku, there are two ways to cancel it. The first is via the website, and the second is directly on your TV screen. Here are the instructions on how to cancel a membership via the website:

1. Sign in to your Roku account.
  2. Select Manage your subscriptions.
  3. Select the channel or subscription under Active Subscriptions.
  4. Select Turn off auto-renew.
  5. Choose a cancellation reason to complete the process and select Continue to cancel.

If you need the steps on how to cancel from your TV screen, visit this link: How to unsubscribe, cancel, or turn off auto-renew for a subscription.

We hope you'll find this information useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community, @Magu!

We understand that you are experiencing issues with your account subscription, and we are here to help you. 

If there are any subscriptions that you don't recognize, it is recommended that you review your purchase history on your Roku and try to determine what the charge could be.

For instance, it could be a charge from a free trial for a premium streaming subscription service that you forgot to cancel. In such cases, free streaming subscription trials automatically get converted into paid subscriptions that are billed regularly.

To avoid being charged for a subscription, you must cancel your subscription on or before the last day of the free trial period. If you no longer require a specific subscription, you can cancel the subscription to prevent future charges.

After reviewing the charge, contact Roku customer support if you still don't recognize it to help you further.

In addition, if you notice a charge on your bank or credit card statement that you don't recognize and is not associated with Roku, we highly suggest contacting your bank or credit card company as soon as possible to block the charges.

We hope this information is helpful. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
Laurinette
Binge Watcher

Re: Is there a phone number for customer support?  For two months I have received charges that are n

Jump to solution

I've been dealing with this issue for about a year now. I've tried to "cancel my subscription" as per the instructions, but my account says I have no subscriptions.  My card continues to be charged every month.  I've tried calling, writing letters, emailing and still I cannot get this monthly charge to be stopped.  The charge is for Peacock TV LLC, but Peacock TV says I have to contact Roku to get the charge discontinued.  Roku has conveniently made it so that no one can call or reach them to discontinue.  I've canceled debit cards and received replacement cards, yet Roku still seems to charge the new cards and I know I have not given the new card number. This is fraud!

0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Laurinette,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. We understand that you are having a problem with your Peacock channel that is being charged even though you don't have a subscription. 

To help you with this issue, we highly suggest contacting our Accounts and Billing team. They are the expert in handling this type of concern. You can contact them here at the Accounts and Billing support page.

Thank you for your understanding and continued participation in our community.

Best regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This morning, Roku charge my account $17.99. It put my account into overdraft. I was watching TV and I put the Roku channel and all of a sudden I get a charge. I am 66 years old. I’m crying right now because now I have no money. How can accompany charge instantly without requesting approval and give me a chance to say yes or no. I am writing  the Better Business Bureau immediately. 

I can’t believe you charge me 17.99 I turned on Roku and put it on live and I’m just watching TV and I get this charged. Can someone please call me or text me or email me because you had put my account in overdraft and I have no money for groceries or anything I go every Saturday

0 Kudos
Wendel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

HI, I was just billed$225 on my Roku account and i didnt authorize it. How do i contact Roku? They used to have a customer service phone number.  The online chat to Roku also doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Mikeb4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also can’t cancel as it’s says I have no active subscriptions, yet these bums charge me every month. Seems like all the replies from Roku have a link that goes absolutely nowhere . How about you losers actually post a real phone number so people can actually talk to someone and you can quit ripping off everyone and run your company like a company should be run. Scammers

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We're sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused you. That's not what we aim for. In this matter, it would be best to talk to our Account-Billing team, as they are the ones who can further assist with your concerns.

You can contact them here. Choose "Account, payment, & subscription," and there should be an option for you to talk to one of our live representatives.

You can also check the charges on your account, and this link will help you out: How to review your purchase history and charges to your Roku account.

Note that if a subscription is billed through Roku, there are two ways to cancel it. The first is via the website, and the second is directly on your TV screen. Here are the instructions on how to cancel a membership via the website:

1. Sign in to your Roku account.
  2. Select Manage your subscriptions.
  3. Select the channel or subscription under Active Subscriptions.
  4. Select Turn off auto-renew.
  5. Choose a cancellation reason to complete the process and select Continue to cancel.

If you need the steps on how to cancel from your TV screen, visit this link: How to unsubscribe, cancel, or turn off auto-renew for a subscription.

We hope you'll find this information useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mikeb4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Again that link is absolutely useless and no you can’t talk to a live agent and there is no option. Simply asking…. Wtf is the phone number for you dickheads so I can stop my charges you thieving pricks . Not a link, not a bs instruction that doesn’t work as I see with all the other posts but a **bleep**ing phone number 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Mikeb4

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We're sorry to hear about the charges on your account, and we understand the inconvenience this has caused. Kindly be advised that we have sent you a private message for us to assist you further with your concern. 

Please check your inbox by navigating to the upper right corner of your web browser since we've reached you from there.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Laurinette
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It says I have no messages in my inbox.

0 Kudos