Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlpstmom

Being charged monthly and I don't have a subscription

I don't have a subscription or an account but I'm being charged monthly for one.  Can't get thru to anyone to get refunded.  I've been trying for months.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
rlpstmom

Re: Being charged monthly and I don't have a subscription

well, i had to create an account now

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@rlpstmom  On which channel are you charged monthly on?  Also what is the model number of your Roku device?  If it’s charge from a channel developer then it’s probably a real charge.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
rlpstmom

It's not a channel.  I have a Roku TV but I don't have my credit card info stored on it.  I don't have have any other Roku device

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

And what RokuTV brand is it?

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
rlpstmom

Hisense

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Roku doesn’t manufacture the TV sets themselves FYI.  Instead it’s just an integrated RokuOS system that Roku licenses to TV manufacturers.  Therefore, you may need to contact Hisense here: https://www.hisense-usa.com/contact

~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

You say you didn't have a Roku account before creating one to post here. But then you said you have a Roku TV, which requires a Roku account when you first set it up. So the TV is connected to someone's Roku account. You can see the email address used by that account by going to Settings/System/About.

Go to the Roku user account that uses that email address (https://my.roku.com). You can see any subscriptions on that account from that site, and you can also confirm any payment method attached to that account.

If there's no subscriptions listed, and there's no credit card linked to that account, you're being scammed. It's not actually Roku billing you, and there's nothing Roku can do to get your money refunded. The scammers use stolen CC information and submit charges that you never agreed to. They use a recognizable name, such as Roku, in a free text field to make you believe they are authorized charges and that you just pay them. If this is the case, you need to immediately contact your credit card company/bank and dispute the charges. If your CC info has been stolen, you should cancel that card and have them issue you a new one. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @rlpstmom, thank you for posting on the Roku Community about the charges that you've been receiving. To look further into this and since we'll be covering your account details, we'll be reaching out to you here on the Roku Community. Please keep an eye on your inbox for our message and if you have any issues finding it, let us know!