Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sami2004

my roku streaming device when plugged in blue light come on then starts flashing then goes off

when i plug my device in the blue light come on then start flashing then goes off ,was working then stopped

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: my roku streaming device when plugged in blue light come on then starts flashing then goes off

What's up? @sami2004,

A pleasant welcome from the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're sure we will get your issue resolved positively.

• Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? 
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? 
  • What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: my roku streaming device when plugged in blue light come on then starts flashing then goes off

I am have the same issue! Starts to boot up then in a few seconds the blue light starts flashing and it shuts off! 😤 I have changed the power cord, plugged it into the wall and tv -everything! Continues to do it!

happydazejl
Reel Rookie

Problem is as stated, blue light comes on then starts flashing then goes off.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @happydazejl,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're seeing an issue with your Roku device. We'd like to take a closer look.

Could you tell us how are you powering it? Is it directly to a wall outlet or the TV USB port? Also, is this a newly activated device? Or have you used it before?

Tell us more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Billie_kimber
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issue. It's not anew device it's an express device and it's powered direct from the wall. I've tried a different plug and cable. It's happened to 2 devices at exactly the same time. Nothing has been changed internet wise, I've tried using the reset button on the box and it's still an issue and I've tried restarting the router too.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Billie_kimber.

Your precise information about your concern is appreciated and acknowledged. No worries! We're here to help you find the best resolution possible.

Firstly, may we know what TV models your Roku Express players are connected to? Have you tried to check the setup input of your TV to see if the HDMI settings are correctly selected? 

We also suggest trying to plug it into a different TV to see if it will make any difference. 

We'll be looking forward to your response. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
happydazejl
Reel Rookie

I've tried everything, I'm just going to toss it and get a new one...

0 Kudos
Billie_kimber
Reel Rookie

I'm doing away with Roku if this is the technical backup.

Going for a Google one instead.

Clearly with Roku there is no real technical back up and I expect my purchase to last more than a couple years before I have to replace it. 2 boxes doing exactly the same thing at exactly the same time hmmm sounds a bit odd to me.

0 Kudos
happydazejl
Reel Rookie

Poor customer service, good bye roku

0 Kudos