Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geaiken
Channel Surfer

disconnecting and unpairing roku 4k stick

I have had a 4k stick for around 6 months and the last week or so it has suddenly started repeatedly crashing regardless of app saying connection issues, has been factory reset 3 times, i have to reconnect the remote every use, and no trouble shooting on my end will keep the roku stable and okay to use.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: disconnecting and unpairing roku 4k stick

Do you have it plugged into the wall with the supplied USB power adapter or plugged into the TV's USB port?  If the latter, try the former.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
geaiken
Channel Surfer

It is plugged into the wall with the supplied usb power adapter.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Well that would have been the easiest fix, so now it gets tougher to troubleshoot.  Wi-Fi issues can be hard to track down and may require messing with some settings in your router.  What's the model number of your stick that's displayed under Settings->System->About?  If it's a model that has the Wi-Fi receiver embedded in the USB cable, you might want to try moving the cable around.  Sometimes a few inches can make a big difference.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
geaiken
Channel Surfer

3820RW2 is the model, we have the same stick in the next room that never has this issue and is older.

0 Kudos
geaiken
Channel Surfer

also any time i check connection on the roku it shows excellent connection, then ill play a show and itll crash halfway through an episode still

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @geaiken,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We want to further investigate this issue that you're having with the Roku streaming stick 4K since the apps are crashing. Can you please provide the following information below?

• How far is your Roku device from your network router?
  • Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
geaiken
Channel Surfer

router is on the other side of a thin wall wear its been since i bought the roku, and i have used hotspot, same issue

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @geaiken,

We appreciate your response!

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and thanks for the troubleshooting steps you have performed in trying to resolve the issue. Kindly check your inbox here, as we have sent you a PM to gather personal information from you. We would like to check and further assist you with this.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos