Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ztraa

Still can't stop Roku controller from controlling the tv and other Roku in the living room.

Jump to solution

Still can't stop Roku controller from controlling the tv and other Roku in the living room, even though I told that living room Roku to forget that controller. The living room now has only the voice pro connected to it but in the Bedroom I have a regular voice controller that still controls the living room TV and Roku. Even when I told that Roku in the living room to forget the controller that still sends a signal from the bedroom to the living room, the living room Roku gave me a notification that if I ever touch the buttons on the bedroom regular voice controller it will still activate the Roku in the living room. how the heck can I stop this from happening? Can I just close the bedroom door and make sure the signal doesn't go over to the living room or will it still do that if I have the door closed? What else can I do?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Still can't stop Roku controller from controlling the tv and other Roku in the living room.

Jump to solution

Hi, @ztraa 

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information to us, and we understand that you're having an issue with your Roku remote controlling multiple devices. Rest assured that we're happy to help. For this matter, we recommend to "forget" the remote's functionality and connection to the Roku devices you don't want to be controlled by navigating to your settings. To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Remotes & devices
  4. Select Remotes and then select your voice remote
  5. Select the specific remote that you no longer want to control your Roku device.
  6. Proceed to "Forget remote" option.

After following this step, your Roku devices will no longer be controlled by the Roku remote that you chose to remove in that said device

If there's anything we can do to assist you further, let us know.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Still can't stop Roku controller from controlling the tv and other Roku in the living room.

Jump to solution

Hi, @ztraa 

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information to us, and we understand that you're having an issue with your Roku remote controlling multiple devices. Rest assured that we're happy to help. For this matter, we recommend to "forget" the remote's functionality and connection to the Roku devices you don't want to be controlled by navigating to your settings. To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Remotes & devices
  4. Select Remotes and then select your voice remote
  5. Select the specific remote that you no longer want to control your Roku device.
  6. Proceed to "Forget remote" option.

After following this step, your Roku devices will no longer be controlled by the Roku remote that you chose to remove in that said device

If there's anything we can do to assist you further, let us know.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.