Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
She345

Wifi network name not showing

My Roku Express device was working absolutely fine until 3 days ago I noticed that the Roku device was no longer connected to our Internet so I went to the wifi settings to reconnect only to find out that my network isn't even showing up on the "available Network list" and I scan rescanned refreshed updated  unplugged replugged, went to the network settings advanced settings and all of those "trouble shooting " If there is some holy grail answer to this one issue PLEASE PLEASE enlighten me Ty 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Wifi network name not showing

This typically happens when your router is configured to auto-select the WiFi channel it uses (almost all are by default) and it has selected a channel your Roku cannot use. Unless you have the most recent version of Express (model 3960) it only has a 2.4 GHz WiFi radio. On this band, your Roku will only see and connect to WiFi using channels 1-11. If your router has selected 12, 13 or 14, it will be exactly what you have, not even being able to see your WiFi.

I can't tell you how to log into your router to change the channel assignment, and if your router is provided by your ISP you might not even have permission to change it. If you know how to log into your router, look under the WiFi settings for the channel assignments for each radio (it likely has 2.4 and 5 GHz radios). For 2.4 GHz, the best channel to use is either 1, 6 or 11. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.