Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AD127

Roku TV suddenly disconnects from wifi

Jump to solution

My roku tv will connect and then disconnect from my wifi. I have already reset my network and updated the system. It didn't help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV suddenly disconnects from wifi

Jump to solution

Hello! @AD127,

Thank you for your post in the Roku community!

We appreciate you contacting us regarding your Roku TV repeatedly disconnecting from your WiFi. We're pleased to offer our assistance.

Troubleshooting steps

1. Power cycle the Roku device for 30 seconds
  2. Restart the router
  3. You can perform a Network Connection Reset on your Roku device by going to Settings> Advanced system settings > Network connection reset > Reset connection.
    • Note: Before doing make sure you know your WiFi credentials. 
  4. After the network reset, your Roku device will restart, and you will need to return to the Settings menu to set up your wireless network again.

You can connect your streaming device to a mobile hotspot as a temporary workaround to ensure that it is not experiencing an issue.

For additional troubleshooting steps, please see this article: How to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device.

If the issue persists, we recommend to  Perform a manual factory reset.

Please keep us posted on what you find out. We will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV suddenly disconnects from wifi

Jump to solution

Hello! @AD127,

Thank you for your post in the Roku community!

We appreciate you contacting us regarding your Roku TV repeatedly disconnecting from your WiFi. We're pleased to offer our assistance.

Troubleshooting steps

1. Power cycle the Roku device for 30 seconds
  2. Restart the router
  3. You can perform a Network Connection Reset on your Roku device by going to Settings> Advanced system settings > Network connection reset > Reset connection.
    • Note: Before doing make sure you know your WiFi credentials. 
  4. After the network reset, your Roku device will restart, and you will need to return to the Settings menu to set up your wireless network again.

You can connect your streaming device to a mobile hotspot as a temporary workaround to ensure that it is not experiencing an issue.

For additional troubleshooting steps, please see this article: How to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device.

If the issue persists, we recommend to  Perform a manual factory reset.

Please keep us posted on what you find out. We will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos