Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TJames

Roku Ultimate constantly displaying the WiFi status.

Roku Ultimate just started constantly displaying the WiFi connection in the upper left of the screen. The network status shows "excellent". I can watch Netflix, Prime, YouTube and the rest of my channels, but that annoying status screen is always in the upper left of the screen. It used to display when the Roku was first powered on then when the connections was made it would go away. Now it does NOT go away and I can't find any setting for it. I have turned the Roku off and on but nothing is working.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultimate constantly displaying the WiFi status.

Hello! @TJames,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us about your Roku device constantly displaying your wifi status on your TV screen. We're pleased to assist.

• Is this the first time you have experienced this issue? If not, when did it start?
  • Please provide a photo of what you are seeing on your TV screen.

system restart is the least invasive reset method. Use the instructions below to perform a system restart from the Settings menu.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

In either case, your Roku device will complete a system restart and hopefully return to regular operation after a moment.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TJames

Update: I left the Roku Ultimate powered off for 1 hour. When I powered it back on the annoying WiFi status display was gone!

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@TJames,

Thanks for the updates,

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any more questions or concerns. Happy streaming!

To manage your account and services, log in to http://my.roku.com. You can also visit http://support.roku.com for more support and troubleshooting resources.

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos