Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikolas2

WiFi network not displaying after network reset

Jump to solution

We just moved, and the internet tech gave us a new router/modem when he installed the box for the internet (Xfinity/Arris unit). I’m not having any problems connecting with my phone to the WiFi, and am streaming just fine but my Roku would pause every 30 seconds into streaming and then eventually disconnected from the network and refused to reconnect. I tried a network reset and now the network won’t even appear in a scan to connect.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: WiFi network not displaying after network reset

Jump to solution

Hi @nikolas2,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We are interested in learning more about the problem you are experiencing. What happens when you try to connect by going through the procedure at Settings->Network->Setup connection? Do you get any error messages or codes? In addition, do any networks show up when you scan?

We would suggest trying to connect to 2.4 GHz WiFi. Ensure your router's wireless mode is set to b/gn and not g/n for the device to connect.

If you need help configuring your router, we suggest contacting your ISP.

Please keep us posted regarding the behavior you are experiencing, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: WiFi network not displaying after network reset

Jump to solution

Hi @nikolas2,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We are interested in learning more about the problem you are experiencing. What happens when you try to connect by going through the procedure at Settings->Network->Setup connection? Do you get any error messages or codes? In addition, do any networks show up when you scan?

We would suggest trying to connect to 2.4 GHz WiFi. Ensure your router's wireless mode is set to b/gn and not g/n for the device to connect.

If you need help configuring your router, we suggest contacting your ISP.

Please keep us posted regarding the behavior you are experiencing, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos