Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QZ
Channel Surfer

WiFi Hotspot Roku Channel

Jump to solution

Hi All

I have a Roku Ultra 4640X that was working fine for years on our mobile hotspots on 2 separate phones. A few days ago I noticed when phone 1 the Roku channel, Live TV and  Streaming Channels do not load with the “failed to load content message”

Other channels seem to be fine.

If I try to remove the Roku channel I receive a no no connection message. Even though immediately the “ testing connection” option works fine

The other hotspot on phone 2 continues to work well on all channels.

At first I thought it was the Ad Blockers or Opera Browser with VPN  I removed those then tried the following.

I have…

reset the network settings on the phone twice

renamed the hotspot multiple times

factory reset the Roku

readded the Roku device on the website

unplugged power to Ultra overnight

Device Model: 4640X

Serial Number: YP008P759042

Device ID: 7LC6987759042

I have exhausted all my theories.

Hoping an expert can assist

Thanks!

I

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: WiFi Hotspot Roku Channel

Jump to solution

@QZ 

Not an Apple/iOS user anymore, but what I have been reading, 17.4.1 is pretty buggy.  17.5 is supposed to be released in May that is supposed to address some of the bugs in 17.4.1.

Unfortunately, due to Apple not providing signatures on older versions, not really recommended currently to downgrade to previous versions because the device may actually get stuck back on an older version and not be able to upgrade again. (so, not for the faint of heart to attempt the downgrade).

Not sure if you are interested but you can try the beta 17.5 if you want. (sign up as beta tester, then from your device should see the beta build as available).  Of course, no guarantees there won't be more bugs in the beta builds. https://beta.apple.com/

---

Other than a possible buggy update, I think I would look under the Mobile Network connections of both phones (hotspots) and see if anything under the "APN" section stands out.  I would also likely try a factory reset of the problem phone and see if that helps with any possible corruption.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
QZ
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The only difference in the hotspots of the iphones is one has not had the latest update. One works and one doesn't . I think Roku support should get in touch with Apple support as they are not thinking that way.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @QZ,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. We'd be more than happy to look into this further. May we know the mobile device model and version you used that has an issue? Also, have you tried connecting your Roku device to another wireless connection or connecting to your router using an Ethernet or wired network cable?

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
QZ
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
Hello,

The device is a iPhone 11 Pro Max
With the latest update 17.4.1 that has the issue.

My other iPhone hotspot works good with Roku but it has not been updated to the latest 17.4.1

Thanks
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@QZ,

Thanks for the update!

We'd like to take a closer into this. To further assist, I sent you a PM.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
QZ
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Any further developments on this?

I hope someone else can add to this…

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@QZ 

Not an Apple/iOS user anymore, but what I have been reading, 17.4.1 is pretty buggy.  17.5 is supposed to be released in May that is supposed to address some of the bugs in 17.4.1.

Unfortunately, due to Apple not providing signatures on older versions, not really recommended currently to downgrade to previous versions because the device may actually get stuck back on an older version and not be able to upgrade again. (so, not for the faint of heart to attempt the downgrade).

Not sure if you are interested but you can try the beta 17.5 if you want. (sign up as beta tester, then from your device should see the beta build as available).  Of course, no guarantees there won't be more bugs in the beta builds. https://beta.apple.com/

---

Other than a possible buggy update, I think I would look under the Mobile Network connections of both phones (hotspots) and see if anything under the "APN" section stands out.  I would also likely try a factory reset of the problem phone and see if that helps with any possible corruption.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Nouaken

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
QZ
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you AvsGunnar

Your suggestions are appreciated. Yes It is a bug in the update or the phone. Hopefully the next update will solve it!