Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RedOne1
Reel Rookie

Unable to connect to Wi- Fi

Anyone having issues with Roku not connecting to their wi-fi

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to connect to Wi- Fi

@RedOne1

That has been known to happen in certain circumstances. Whether or not that specific situation would apply to you without more information. Always give your Roku model number when you report any issue, as that can make a difference in the solution.

In the circumstances about which I'm referring, for Roku models that are 2.4 GHz only, some ISPs have been known to make changes to their wireless routers, changing settings from 802.11 b/g/n to g/n. If this is the case, you would need to change it back to b/g/n and ask your ISP to stop messing with your router.

The only Roku device that still supports only 2.4 GHz network is the Roku Express, although the latest version is dual band, eliminating this problem for most people.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

RedOne1
Reel Rookie

My model is 3930x

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@RedOne1

The model 3930 is 2.4 GHz only. You'll want to ensure your network settings for that band are b/g/n for it to work properly. That was the default settings, and still is for many. But some ISPs have made changes that have impacted Roku and some other devices.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."