Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheWanderingCat
Reel Rookie

Trouble with setting up in dorm says password is incorrect

im having the same problem, been working on this for 5 hours between 2 separate days

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Trouble with setting up in dorm says password is incorrect

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @TheWanderingCat!

We appreciate all of your efforts in trying to connect your Roku streaming device to a Dorm network connection.

After setting up your Roku streaming device, initiate and authenticate the connection to the internet using the instructions below:

Initiate the connection

Open the Settings menu on your Roku device to initiate the connection:

1. Navigate to your Home
  2. Scroll up or down to select Settings
  3. Select Network, then Set up connection
  4. Select Wireless
  5. Choose your preferred network for your college dorm from the list of available network connections. You can select scan again to see all networks if you don't see it.
  6. After it connects, select I am at a hotel or college dorm.

Authenticate the connection

After the connection is initiated, the remaining steps will appear on the television screen. Complete these steps on your computer or smartphone. After the connection is authenticated, your Roku device will return to the Network menu. The Network name should match the network for the hotel or college dorm, and the Status should say Connected.

• Note: You have several minutes to authenticate. If the network setup times out, select Try again to initiate the connection again.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll go from there. Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TheWanderingCat
Reel Rookie

it doesnt work, the password it says for the roku network sign in isnt the right password. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TheWanderingCat,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're experiencing. What device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV) How far is your device from your network router? Could you provide us with a photo of your running issue?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jklutts
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue intermittently at hotels. Using a Roku express at IHG hotels. Most of the time it works fine, but I get the “incorrect password” message also. Don’t know how far I am from a router because, hotel. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jklutts,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem connecting your Roku Express to the hotel network. Please be advised that you have several minutes to authenticate. If the network setup times out, you may need to select Try again to initiate the connection again. Also, Roku Express is designed for a short-range Wi-Fi connection. Kindly check out this support article for detailed information on how to use Hotel and Dorm Connect to connect to the internet

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AlexandriaMaxey
Channel Surfer

I’m having the same problem ,and nothing is working . 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @AlexandriaMaxey,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

Kindly check the article detailed provided by @RokuEuniceL regarding how to use Hotel and Dorm Connect to connect to the internet.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AlexandriaMaxey
Channel Surfer

That’s not helping ,I’ve already connected ,it just will not connect again

0 Kudos
Jklutts
Reel Rookie

It didn’t help. I’ve tried refreshing, it’s not timed out. I’ve read the same article dozens of times. It connects 90% of the time at different hotels, so I would say I know how to connect it. Something is still wrong 10% of the time though. Having the issue again today. 

0 Kudos