Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacktp
Channel Surfer

remote unresponsive and froze on roku main page

Jump to solution

I have a 75" SONY Bravia and have used my Roku Ultra Pro remote successfully for the last several months.  Last night, I attempted to power it on and got nothing.  ( The remote is fully charged).  I disconnected the streaming device and reconnected it but no luck.  So I found the SONY remote (which I never use) and the power button worked, taking me to the normal Roku home page menu with the apps.  But nothing else worked, either on the SONY device or the Roku remote.  Just stuck on that page.  I was able to use the SONY remote however to get to settings and it said I had no internet connection.  I went to the normal  network we use, entered the password and all I got was a "Connecting......" screen that never connected to anything.  Everything else in the house works fine on the network (other TVS, computers).  Anyone know how to revive my Roku system?  The TV is not watchable at all.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: remote unresponsive and froze on roku main page

Jump to solution

Hi @jacktp,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing your concerns with your Roku remote that's unresponsive. We're happy to help you. Please follow these steps so you can put your Roku device and voice remote in pairing mode:

1. Remove the power cable from your Roku device.
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds.
  3. Re-connect the power cable.
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power up and the Home screen to appear on your TV screen.
  5. Put your voice remote into pairing mode within 30 seconds of seeing the Home screen on your TV.
  6. Ensure that your Roku remote is charged, or remove the batteries, and then put it back in if it is not rechargeable.
  7. If your remote has a pairing button (found at the back of the remote), press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds or until the status light begins to flash.
  8. If your remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold both the Home and Back buttons for 5 seconds or until the status light begins to flash.
  9. If the status light does not flash, try replacing the batteries or charging the remote.
  10. Wait 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your streaming device.

You can also check out this link here for more details on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

If the issue persists, we recommend trying to connect your Roku device to an alternative wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are still experiencing the same issue. If you see something different, can you please let us know what you are seeing?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jacktp,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing your concerns with your Roku remote that's unresponsive. We're happy to help you. Please follow these steps so you can put your Roku device and voice remote in pairing mode:

1. Remove the power cable from your Roku device.
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds.
  3. Re-connect the power cable.
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power up and the Home screen to appear on your TV screen.
  5. Put your voice remote into pairing mode within 30 seconds of seeing the Home screen on your TV.
  6. Ensure that your Roku remote is charged, or remove the batteries, and then put it back in if it is not rechargeable.
  7. If your remote has a pairing button (found at the back of the remote), press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds or until the status light begins to flash.
  8. If your remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold both the Home and Back buttons for 5 seconds or until the status light begins to flash.
  9. If the status light does not flash, try replacing the batteries or charging the remote.
  10. Wait 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your streaming device.

You can also check out this link here for more details on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

If the issue persists, we recommend trying to connect your Roku device to an alternative wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are still experiencing the same issue. If you see something different, can you please let us know what you are seeing?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jacktp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for the information.  Turns out the net gear device was disconnected.  Back up and running.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jacktp,

Thank you for letting us know about this!

It is our pleasure to hear that the matter has been resolved. We express our gratitude for your effort and understanding.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos