Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TCLWifiPain84
Channel Surfer

TCL w/built-in Roku suddenly stopped connecting to wifi

Sometime today or possibly yesterday, the TV no longer connects to Wifi.

TV info (bought 8 years ago, but has worked the whole time):

- TCL model: 48FS3750

- Hardware ID: 5122X

- Software version: 12.5.5

Router info:

- AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 (TP-Link)

I did a factory reset of the router and a wifi-only reset of the TV. Both have been power cycled several times. With the router, I confirmed that other devices can connect on both the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz networks. I have tried connecting the TV to both multiple times and I always get error 014.30 and no further details. In case it was the long password, I changed the password to something short and simple. Same issue. To be sure, I confirmed that I can connect to the 2.4 GHz network with a laptop that would normally connect to the 5 GHz network, and the given password. I'm all out of ideas.

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL w/built-in Roku suddenly stopped connecting to wifi

Hi @TCLWifiPain84,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the Roku TV. Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider? How many devices do you have connected to your network right now? (e.g., TV, mobile phone, laptops, computer) Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@TCLWifiPain84, the 14.30 error is often because the 2.4GHz wireless mode is set to g/n and not b/g/n.  I don't think it affects a 5GHz connection, but if you're using the same SSID for both networks then maybe it can.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TCLWifiPain84
Channel Surfer

@renojimIt is b/g/n, although I tried all those modes just to see. The 2.4GHz has a separate SSID from the 5 GHz.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

The only other thing I can think of is @RokuJohnB 's suggestion of trying to connect to your phone's hotspot.  Of course it's not a fix, but it may tell us if there's something about your network it doesn't like.  Beyond that is the nuclear option of a factory reset.  It sure would be nice to know exactly what 14.30 means, but... well, Roku...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Harmony5

Mine is doing the same. Have reset router multiple times even though everything else in the house is running fine. Even tried to cast from my phone and the TV doesn't even show up. Just did a factory reset and didn't fix anything. It appears it was running an update into the background. Maybe that's the problem?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Harmony5,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We'd like to investigate further this issue that you're having with the Roku TV. Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider? Could you send us a photo of your running problem? Are your other devices able to connect to the network without any issues or latency?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TCLWifiPain84
Channel Surfer

> Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?

Not when the problem started. In attempting to fix it, I did do a factory reset of my router (twice, actually). It's possibly my ISP made some sort of change, but I'd have no way of knowing.

> Could you send us a photo of your running problem?

It just shows the error and nothing else useful420593742_1131118224992686_2998758211375488069_n.jpg

> Are your other devices able to connect to the network without any issues or latency?

Yes. I just tested the Roomba on the same 2.4 GHz network as the TV is supposed to be on. Despite being in a much further away room, it is able to connect without issue. I've also connected my phone to both the 5 GHz and the 2.4 GHz networks and have had no issues. My upstairs computer that I'm typing this on right now uses the 2.4 GHz network as well and despite being the furthest device away from the router, generally has no issues, or only very occasional temporary slowness. The TV is right next to the router.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @TCLWifiPain84,

Thanks for the post,

Your Roku streaming player or Roku TV system provides you with access to stream audio and video from the internet. For this to work, your Roku device must maintain a good connection to your network and the internet.

Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

Let's see if it fixes the issue.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TCLWifiPain84
Channel Surfer

@RokuArjiemarI tried to connect to a mobile hotspot and it also failed with the same error.

Additionally, I went into recovery mode, but it is unable to connect from there either. I have not done a full factory reset yet.

0 Kudos