Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dd2019
Reel Rookie

Streaming stick 4k: hotel/dorm function not working

Jump to solution

Still no solution and I've been reading for 4 days on how to even get the hotel dorm prompt. I've paid for Internet while camping but it has a splash hotspot login page. I cannot get the dorm hotel feature to even appear. And it's August 2024 and I still can't find a solution. And I don't see that anyone has posted about it in 2024. Then was there a solution?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streaming stick 4k: hotel/dorm function not working

Jump to solution

Hi, @dd2019 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We understand that you are unable to establish a connection with a hotel/dorm network, and we're here to assist. Connecting to a public network often requires signing in through a web browser, but with Hotel and Dorm Connect, you can authenticate the connection for your Roku® streaming device from your computer or smartphone. Kindly follow the steps below to start setting up your network.

Initiate a Connection

Open the Settings menu on your Roku device to initiate the connection.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Network
  4. Select Set up connection
  5. Select Wireless
  6. From the list of available networks, choose the wireless network for the hotel or college dorm. If you do not see the network, select Scan again to see all networks.
  7. After your Roku device connects to the network, select I am at a hotel or college dorm.

Authenticate the Connection

After the connection is initiated, the remaining steps will appear on the television screen. Complete these steps on your computer or smartphone.

• Note: You have several minutes to authenticate. If the network setup times out, select Try again to initiate the connection again.

After the connection is authenticated, your Roku device will return to the Network menu. The Network name should match the network for the hotel or college dorm, and the Status should say Connected.

For more information, you can visit this support article that can guide you on How to use Hotel and Dorm Connect to connect to the internet

Hope this helps. Feel free to reach out to us if you have further concerns or inquries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @dd2019 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We understand that you are unable to establish a connection with a hotel/dorm network, and we're here to assist. Connecting to a public network often requires signing in through a web browser, but with Hotel and Dorm Connect, you can authenticate the connection for your Roku® streaming device from your computer or smartphone. Kindly follow the steps below to start setting up your network.

Initiate a Connection

Open the Settings menu on your Roku device to initiate the connection.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Network
  4. Select Set up connection
  5. Select Wireless
  6. From the list of available networks, choose the wireless network for the hotel or college dorm. If you do not see the network, select Scan again to see all networks.
  7. After your Roku device connects to the network, select I am at a hotel or college dorm.

Authenticate the Connection

After the connection is initiated, the remaining steps will appear on the television screen. Complete these steps on your computer or smartphone.

• Note: You have several minutes to authenticate. If the network setup times out, select Try again to initiate the connection again.

After the connection is authenticated, your Roku device will return to the Network menu. The Network name should match the network for the hotel or college dorm, and the Status should say Connected.

For more information, you can visit this support article that can guide you on How to use Hotel and Dorm Connect to connect to the internet

Hope this helps. Feel free to reach out to us if you have further concerns or inquries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mshkut

Jump to solution

same issue - there is a problem   Apple TV had no issues.  All of a sudden ROKU is having issues - I am at an IHG hotel - password is stated as wrong when trying to log onto the device, in advance of proceeding to the splash page at the hotel.  something is broken in rokuland,  

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @mshkut 

Welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you have encountered with your Roku device which is unable to connect with the hotel and dorm network connection set-up, and we'd be happy to assist.

Have you tried following the steps provided above in my previous post? If so, what were the results? If the steps have not been successful, have you received any error codes or messages after trying so?

Let us know on how it goes, and we'll hope for you to provide further information for us to review your experience further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos