Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkzimmerman
Reel Rookie

Roku will not connect to my new internet

My new internet (Fidium fiber) works with everything in my house, except my Roku's that are plugged into my smart TV's. The Roku on my 'non smart tv', connects just fine. On my smart tv's, the tv itself connects, but my Roku cannot find my internet so I cannot connect. I have tried rebooting everything and directly typing in my internet name to search it. Why won't my Roku find my internet so I can connect to it? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku will not connect to my new internet

What's the model number (as displayed under Settings->System->About) of one of the Roku devices that doesn't find your Wi-Fi?  Some devices only support the 2.4GHz band and some ISPs seem to think it's ok to disable it in their user's equipment.  Does the Roku device show other networks?  It would help to know the model number of the one that does connect as well.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
jkzimmerman
Reel Rookie

Yes it shows other networks. 
We have 2.4 GHz internet. 

Roku that does not find network:
3920RW - model #
Serial - YH00A0412472

Roku that works:
Model # - 3921RW
Serial - YHOO99101580

BUT when we switched the Roku’s around, it did not change if they worked. The smart TV one continued to not work and the non smart TV one continued to work, even with switching them around. 
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jkzimmerman,

Welcome to the Roku Community

We'd like to take a step in here and see how we can isolate this.

Give it a try connecting your device to an alternative network like a mobile hotspot and let us know if you're able to find it.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jkzimmerman
Reel Rookie

We just did it and it successfully joined my phone hotspot network. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@jkzimmerman,

Thanks for reporting back to us!

Seems like we have success in using hotspot. Are you still not seeing your network listed on your device?

Keep us informed!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jkzimmerman
Reel Rookie

Correct. 
But I did just figure out that the first person I talked to was maybe wrong and our internet might be 5 not 2.4.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

The Roku models you listed are both 2.4GHz-only.  Check your router to see what bands it is using, and it's a good idea to make sure the 2.4GHz band is allowing all modes b/g/n and not just g/n.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
oldlady

Have new router.  Trying to connect my remote to it.  Help.  Carole

0 Kudos
oldlady

Have a new router as the other one was not performing as promised by Verizon.  Don't know how to connect remote to it so that my TV will respond.  Help.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.