Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EC9
Reel Rookie

Roku wifi won’t connect after is off for awhile

Jump to solution

WiFi connects but only after doing a network reset each time. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku wifi won’t connect after is off for awhile

Jump to solution

Hello! @Just_Jill,

Thanks for your post in the Roku Community!

We're pleased to assist you with the issue you're experiencing with your Roku device connecting to your Wi-Fi.

• What Roku device are you using right now?
  • Is this the first time you have experienced this issue? When did it start?
  • Can your other devices connect to the network without any problems or latency?
  • Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?

If you are experiencing network connection issues with your Roku streaming player or TV system, please refer to this guide on fixing internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device.

To enhance your Roku streaming device's Wi-Fi connection, please refer to this guide: How to improve your Roku streaming device's Wi-Fi or wireless internet connection.

You can connect your streaming device to a mobile hotspot as a temporary workaround to ensure there is no issue with your device.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
jontalk
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@EC9The most common problem with connectivity is channel congestion. I'd recommend you install WiFi Analyzer for Android or if iPhone something similar from the App Store. Once installed you'll see how many others are using the same channel; then log into the router and change to one with less congestion. I'll assume you're using the 5 gHz band and if so, the lower channels have the biggest overlap but also the best range..channels 147-161 are narrower but could work as well. Regardless, I hope that resolves the problem

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If your Roku has a "Settings > System > Power > Auto power savings > After 20 minutes of no interaction" setting, try disabling it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
EC9
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion.  I probably didn't explain well enough my issue. This all started right after the "Crowdstrike" issue.  Maybe it was a coincidence, but my Tv never had issues automatically connecting. Even times it may have disconnected from my wifi, I could my network and it would auto join, I didn't need to give my wifi password again.  Now it won't find my wifi until i reset my network connection.  I appreciate your time in trying to help!

0 Kudos
Just_Jill

Jump to solution

Same thing is happening to me. I turn on the TV--"no connection". If i just try looking for a connection, it won't find it. I actually have to reset each time. 

I have tried everything suggested in every forum. My WiFi signal strength is excellent. But every time I shut off the TV, I have to reset the connection...THEN I have to find the wifi...then type in my password. Every. Single. Time. It's not my internet. It's this TV. Only 2 years old. It sucks. I cannot afford another TV as this one isn't that old (Roku says their tvs last 5-7 years--if that's the case, I should  still have 3 or more years). 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Just_Jill,

Thanks for your post in the Roku Community!

We're pleased to assist you with the issue you're experiencing with your Roku device connecting to your Wi-Fi.

• What Roku device are you using right now?
  • Is this the first time you have experienced this issue? When did it start?
  • Can your other devices connect to the network without any problems or latency?
  • Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?

If you are experiencing network connection issues with your Roku streaming player or TV system, please refer to this guide on fixing internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device.

To enhance your Roku streaming device's Wi-Fi connection, please refer to this guide: How to improve your Roku streaming device's Wi-Fi or wireless internet connection.

You can connect your streaming device to a mobile hotspot as a temporary workaround to ensure there is no issue with your device.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
EC9
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After trying different things that didn’t work, I finally decided to do a factory reset. So far this has worked buzz I was away from the tv for about 3-4 hours and when I turned it back on it worked. Unfortunately you’ll have to reprogram all the apps you saved. Hopefully this works for you. 

0 Kudos
stephen-j

Jump to solution

@RokuArjiemar 

I have a similar problem, where I will loose network connection, maybe every 1-3 weeks, even while the TV is on and have to network reset to be able to reconnect. This began maybe a 2-3 months ago.

I have a TCL model 32S301-W.

No problems for other devices. TV will connect after doing network reset.

No recent changes of which I can remember.

@EC9 I was wondering about a factory reset. I may just have to do that.

0 Kudos
Tessie1201

Jump to solution

I have a 32 in Onn Roku TV. I've been on with support 4 times and it keeps disconnecting from the internet whenever I pause or shut off my TV. My internet is fine, my other Hisense Roku TV is online without an issue. Is this going to be an on going problem or is there a fix because I've done everything from a factory reset to holding down the power button to well everything. Why won't it stay connected??? 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Tessie1201,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about the network failure of your Onn Roku TV. We're pleased to assist. 

We would be happy to investigate further, but we need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information:
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Wireless router make/model:
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos