Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emery25
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku keep losing connection

Jump to solution

I have issue with WiFi not keeping connected. It still happens. I have unplug my router and plug it back in. I have try restarting Roku but that seems not to fix the problem.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @emery25,

We have an update available about this, and we'll need to confirm if there is a recent change in your network or a software update on your router. In addition, how many devices are connected to your network?

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
daneaffr
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This issue is NOT resolved!  Many people are having it and we all aren't sharing the same network, so it is NOT a networking issue!  I initiated a replacement request yesterday and am supposed to have received an email giving me an RMA and instructions on how to send my device back within 24 hours and it has been 21 hours and I haven't received that email! 

The fact that your support team keeps telling people this is fixed with every new report of the issue, leads me to think Roku does not have any plans to fix this problem!

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@daneaffr,

We have carefully reviewed your account, and our Support team has taken care of it. However, your case is still being processed, and we suggest checking your email regularly for any updates. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate your understanding. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Thank you for your patience and cooperation. 

Best regards, 

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jyt
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

hey everybody subscribed to this thread.  are you, too, getting “dear__your name” messages that say roku has processed your complaint and solved your problems?  It so quaint and so laughable.  I’ll stay tuned in for a while just in case somebody in engineering actually fixes the units causing us all pain and distress.  It’s so nice to jnow we’ve been healed when the connection breaks every 20 minutes and we lose complete program continuity.  if we tape the program it’s extra special to revisit that same break in continuity and experience that thrill all over again.  

doubtful anyone will miss how much caring i now have towards the roku company in general.   your support of your products is pathetic.  read the gargantuan list of comments the problems generated.  you have helped no one.   i’ll not buy another roku again.  i’m gradually replacing every tv i own with ones that do not require your products to connect with the world.

bye bye.  

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We regret to hear about this experience, @jyt.

We have a run-through with your account and rest assured we have already communicated this to our appropriate Roku team. They are doing their best to have this issue fixed as soon as possible. We are sincerely hoping for your understanding.

Once we have gathered enough information with our team, we'll update this thread.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
daneaffr
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Just an FYI - as of yesterday, my roku is keeping the connection.  It would not just break the connection for a bit here, it was losing the connection entirely and I had to restart the roku literally every 3-5 minutes.  I have two basic roku devices on other TVs and those were working fine the whole time. I quit using the one device having the problem, got another solution for that TV and submitted a claim for a replacement after a week of "rest assured" responses. 

As of yesterday, it is working fine now - I moved it to the TV that gets least watched in the house, but it held the connection for several hours yesterday - I just left it on and went about my business.  It didn't lose wifi once.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
daneaffr
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes  It did get resolved and the device is now on the TV that rarely gets watched so it if happens again, it's not going to be much of an inconvenience.

0 Kudos
jyt
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

xfinity says roku 4802X is NOT COMPATIBLE with xfinity.  & roku is one to get this freakin mess straightened out.  

imagine that.  

0 Kudos
jldavis81

Jump to solution

Still not working. I received it on Monday and I have had a problem with is staying connected. How to solve the problem?

0 Kudos