Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbysafe
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku keep losing connection

Jump to solution

Get ready for Roku reply 

-they will ask your device number blah blah blah.. Then they will tell you that their engineering team is working on it, then you'll never hear from them again 

0 Kudos
daneaffr
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have a wifi extender and the wifi signal to the TV and the Roku is strong.  

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @daneaffr,

Thanks for the update!

We've sent you a pm for more details about this.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
daneaffr
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuERey I have a wifi extender and have verified that the signal to the TV and the Roku are strong.  This Roku, is the only device in my house that has any issue connecting.  This Roku device is 2 months old.  I have two older, more basic, Roku devices on other TVs in the house and they sometimes are not connected to the internet when I turn those TVs on, but once I reset those Roku devices, they connect and maintain the connection.  The newer device won't stay connected for more than a few minutes after reset.

0 Kudos
Maine1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My Roku is so bad now that when I turn on the TV there is a "non connected" in the upper right side of the screen.  The remote doesn't even work now either.  It was bad enough that it would disconnect while watching a show.  Now I can't even use the thing.

What a shame as my Roku is barely a year old and I've had connection issues practically the whole time.  The Roku tech team or their engineers or whoever is behind that curtain has been no help at all.

I've given them my info a few times now on this thread and it's just been crickets.......

0 Kudos
pmifold
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It honestly feels like we are just getting lip service, is anyone interested in contacting CBC Go Public?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Maine1,

We really do apologize for the delay in our solutions about this. We sent you a PM for further assistance and for details we needed.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
daneaffr
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

At the very least, they should take the "solved" tag off this!  

0 Kudos
cmac23

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue.  I've only been using Roku for less than two months and it has worked well until this past update.  Now I can't watch anything for more than 3 minutes before it loses the connection.  I've run through all the suggested diagnostics to no avail.  I'm ready to return this device if this isn't resolved soon.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @cmac23,

Welcome, thanks for making your first post here in the Roku Community.

We have communicated this case to our engineering team, and we would recommend performing a system restart on your device. Then, try again to see if you're still seeing the same issue. 

Keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos