Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express 4K loses connection

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community users,

If you have a not already, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Who is your ISP (internet service provider)?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • When did you start seeing this issue occur?

Once we have the necessary information, we can pass it on to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Mojocaos @Joholtz88 @jgtwrites @Dcowan81 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community and providing us with your device information.

At this time, we would recommend that you try rebooting your Roku device and seeing if you are still experiencing an issue with losing network connectivity.

Please keep us posted what you find out. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mojocaos
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello @RokuDanny-R,

I’ve actually given up on trying to have this resolved. Thank you for reaching out but I’ve switched to a different streaming service. 

0 Kudos
VandyFC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I haven't quite given up yet but it's very frustrating that we are still being asked for information. Take one person's symptoms and multiply it times the number of people that are on this blog and the other 2 blogs containing the same problem. We are all having the same issue so pic one and take it straight to Roku. If they are not aware of the problem by now, then what's the point of these blogs?

Selle
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have to disconnect the power for at least 24 hours before my unit will work without blanking out off and on. It started affecting my tv even when I was switching to my Fire-stick.  That stopped when I disconnected the power to the Roku stick. . 

Express 4K+ Remote Won't Stay Connected to Internet

Jump to solution

My Express 4K+ Remote disconnects from the internet every few minutes and it's impossible to watch anything on my TV. I've restarted the router (WiFi connection is good so that doesn't seem to be the problem), done several network connection resets, and a factory reset but nothing has worked. I bought the remote in December 2022 so it's fairly new and it's been updated to the latest software. The remote worked perfectly until about a month ago. I've read similar articles on this topic but none of the solutions have helped me.

0 Kudos
Lilzanazo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We keep sending our information and troubleshooting with no results. The fire stick may be the way to go, which is sad because I really like my Roku devices. This is not a singular issue. Many users are experiencing it and it feels like moderators are blaming all of us for the issue. There needs to be a software update to fix this, but is corporate really listening to us? I don’t think so. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Express losing network connectivity.

We are currently investigating the issue and once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Express 4K+ Remote Won't Stay Connected to Internet

Jump to solution

Hello! @bethomas124,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We know how important it is to be connected to your Roku device. We can help you with that! 

• Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?
  • What do you see on your screen when trying to connect to your network?
  • What error message/code are you getting after trying to connect to your network?
  • How far is your device from your network router?

With more details, we can help you further.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Selle
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku keep losing connection

Jump to solution

Model 3941X2-Roku Express 4K+

serial number X022007FE9A7

software version 12.0.0 build 4184-E4

Device ID SOHAK2DFE9A7

it doesn’t matter which channel you are watching.

I have unplugged the unit for 2 days so it isn’t doing it right now . I am unable to get the tracker ID until it starts doing it again. I will post that information when possible.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.