Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joholtz88
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express 4K loses connection

Jump to solution

Setting a static IP for the Roku did not work. 

what appears to be happening is the Roku hangs and then loses Wi-Fi. My guess is that some process causes the device to hang and that interrupts the wifi chip. 

Sadly, my amazon fire stick coming today. 

RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku keep losing connection

Jump to solution

Hi @VandyFC,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your Roku device since it will lose connection. We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more details.

• Did you try changing the wireless connection on your network to see if that had any effect?
  • Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot? Try to see if the issue still occurs.
  • Steps to reproduce the issue?
  • What Roku device are you using?

Once we have this information, we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
VandyFC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This topic is discussed across several named blogs in this community. I have been using:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Wi-Fi-connectivity/Roku-Express-4K-loses-connection/td-p/882699

Like so many others, we are all frustrated that we have changed settings, restarted, reset and ALL the things the moderators have suggested to no avail. We need help. Pure and simply put, this is NOT the customers issue. It is Roku's. We need them to step up, take responsibility for their issues and respond to their customers with a fix. Anything short of that is a waste of our time and makes Roku look unfavorably to their customers. Stop suggesting and provide a fix. Period.

0 Kudos
Maine1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I agree!!!  My Roku has been losing connection for weeks as well.  I've tried everything suggested and nothing helps.  

All my connections are fine and everything else checks out perfectly.   Why the sudden issues when it was working great just a month ago?

0 Kudos
Mojocaos
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuAnjelie any updates on the Wi-Fi disconnection issue. If not any chance of a product upgrade? This is getting ridiculous. 

GaryPet
Channel Surfer

Re: Same connection issue as everyone else

Jump to solution

3 weeks later, same issues. Looks like I’ll toss another Roku in the trash. Still have 1 more I can move from a little used tv before I have to figure out what to buy next. 

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @VandyFC @Maine1,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We would appreciate it if you could provide us with additional details about the problem you are experiencing. This will enable us to offer you more assistance:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • when did you start seeing this issue occur

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We looking forward to your response.
Thanks,
Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
VandyFC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Anjelie,

You obviously didn't read my statement. We are done giving up information, all saying the "Same Exact Thing" and nothing being done. To the folks that invented Roku, please just look at about 4 different topics that all say the same thing. Connection issues. Getting connected and staying connected. It's rediculous the amount of time that has been spent on this issue 

Regards

Ron

Nkareka

Jump to solution

Yes yes me too. First the app on phone wasn't able to find the the 4k express plus devices we have only the basic expresses. Then that eas gives and now this. Only 2 out of 4 roku devices and 1 roku TV. Although come to think of it the roku TV was disconnecting like this a couple weeks ago. Wth is going on. It HAS to be a Roku software issue right?

VandyFC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Don't see how it could be anything else considering the complaints.