Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wwwukor
Channel Surfer

Roku and casting from steaming apps

Roku is working fine, but when I try to cast from my phone to the tv using Roku express only Youtube and Netflix show the cast icon. All other apps, Disney, Max, Prime, Hulu and Peacock do not show the cast icon. All apps are updated. Any reason for this? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku and casting from steaming apps

Hi @wwwukor,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you're inquiring about not seeing the cast icon on the abovementioned channels. Let us help you with this. Kindly refer to this support article for more detailed information on how to cast channels from your phone to your Roku streaming device: How to cast apps like YouTube or Netflix from your phone to a TV

Screen Mirroring is also an option to display videos from your phone on your TV if you're still not seeing the cast icon with the streaming channel.

Let us know how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
wwwukor
Channel Surfer

Hi Kash, this does not help my situation. I can cast Netflix and YouTube perfectly, but not other apps. I also can't screen mirror or screen cast my phone, it just says searching for device. It's strange why Netflix works, but Hulu does not, surely I can't be the only person with this issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @wwwukor,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Please be advised that if you're unable to see a cast icon from a specific channel, that channel may not be currently supported for the cast feature. In the meantime, please refer to this support article for more detailed instructions on how to properly screen mirror from your phone to your TV. How to screen mirror your Android™ or Windows® phone to your Roku® streaming device

Keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.