Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dutch645

Roku Stick+ is connected to WiFi, but cannot find WiFi SSIDs when checking or setting WiFi

My Roku Stick+ is connected (it says it is connected, and streaming works) but going to Settings > Network > Check connection, or Set up connection hangs looking for SSIDs.  

Going to Advanced > Reset network, and setting up a WiFi connection after the automatic reboot works. It lists all of the SSIDs. Selecting one, entering the passphrase, will promptly connect. However, attempting to repeat the process, it hangs searching for SSIDs.  Immediately after resetting the network connection and configuring it, successfully on the first try (it says connectivity is excellent), checking the WiFi (to get the Roku to report speed) fails searching.

I repeated this process again and connected to my other WiFi network (one is 2.4G with 2 Access Points each with one channel, and the other is 5G, with 2 Access Points and three channels total.

Checking WiFi worked up until sometime after July, 2024, and I have not changed my WiFi configuration, so I am guessing this is a recently introduced software problem.

I have a Roku Premier in the same room, which exhibited a similar problem, but rebooting without resetting the connection eliminated the problem.

The stick" is on Software version 13.14.4 build 1512-50. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Stick+ is connected to WiFi, but cannot find WiFi SSIDs when checking or setting WiFi

Hello! @dutch645,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us about the issue with your Roku Streaming Stick's Wi-Fi settings. We're pleased to assist you.

In that case, we recommend you perform a factory reset. A factory reset clears most data from your Roku device and restores it to a factory default configuration. 

Perform the following steps with your Roku remote or the Roku mobile app.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced System settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions.

After a successful factory reset, your Roku device will restart in the same state as a factory-new device.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos